A selection of articles related to things.
Original articles from our library related to the Things. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Things.
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- The Old Ones Live in New Things Too
- Imagine living in a time where all things were sacred, in a place where everything you touched was part of a Goddess or God. Since all things were divine, each had a patron Deity. From doorways to ovens, from the farm, to the hunt, to the birth of anything...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Starting with Jesus and the Christian Path...
- During the years of the historical Jesus' life, there are eight or nine years that his whereabouts are not accounted for. Meaning these are the 'lost' years. It was after returning that he truly began to teach his wisdom. Many scholars believe he was in India...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 2
- WORKING TO LIVE RATHER THAN LIVING TO WORK Before the dawn of recorded history, a major period of transition occurred. Nomadic hunter-gatherer clans transformed themselves into larger communities who farmed the land. This they did by planting their own...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- Sensible Ideas: The Knowledge Behind the Perception
- Do objects exist independently of consciousness? If so, what is the nature of these objects? These questions shall be investigated through the conflicting philosophies of John Locke and George Berkeley. Preliminary Quotations from Locke and Berkeley: Primary...
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- How reliable are things remembered under hypnosis?
- This has often arisen as both a legal issue (as in the reliability oftestimony obtained during or after hypnotherapy) and also a social issue(regarding the use of hypnotherapy to establish evidence of early child abuse,for example). It is entirely true that...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- King James Bible: Philippians, Chapter 4
- Chapter 4 4:1 Therefore, my brethren, dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved. 4:2 I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord. 4:3 And I entreat thee also, true...
New Testament >> Philippians
Things is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Things books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Thursday's 5 Things: Politics, Pyongyang, patients and pigeons
- Not the smartest thing to do admittedly, but still "unduly harsh," the State Department says. Otto Frederick Warmbier's crime, according to Pyongyang?
- 5 things you need to know Thursday
- Get your 'luck of the Irish' on. It's that time of year again to break out that green shirt, drink beer at your local Irish pub and celebrate your Irish heritage Thursday (or at least your honorary Irish heritage). St.
- Five Things Only Fearful Managers Say
- The fundamental difference between good managers and bad ones is that lousy managers lead from fear and good managers lead from trust. Good managers know who they are. They have the self-confidence to hire people they can trust, and they let those ...
- 10 things you need to know today: March 17, 2016
- President Obama on Wednesday nominated Merrick Garland to fill the Supreme Court seat left vacant by the death last month of conservative Justice Antonin Scalia. Garland, a moderate, currently serves as chief judge of the U.S.
- 5 Things That Ultimately Doomed Marco Rubio's Presidential Campaign
- Marco Rubio was once the dubbed "The Republican Savior," but on Tuesday he suspended his campaign after a devastating loss in his home state of Florida. What went wrong? The son of a bartender and a maid -- both Cuban immigrants -- Rubio was ...