- T-DM1 not superior to taxane in HER-2–positive gastric, GE junction cancer
- Trastuzumab emtansine, or “T-DM1, is an antibody drug conjugate of DM1 linked by a stable thioether to trastuzumab,” Yoon-Koon Kang, MD, PhD, from the department of oncology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine in Seoul, ...
- Comparison of carbon-sulfur and carbon-amine bond in therapeutic drug: 4β-S
- Because the electronegativity of the sulfur atom was lower than that of the nitrogen atom, the hydrophobic thioether bond (-S-) is better than imino bond (-NH-) to improve the cellular uptake of the compounds which may enhance their biological activity.
- Make better PEG hydrogels with help from silk fibroin
- The obtained network is thus composed of non-degradable linear polymer chains, hydrolytically labile thioether ester bonds, and embedded with silk fibrillar matrices.
- Redox-induced actuation in macromolecular and self-assembled systems
- The authors attributed this conformational change between α-helix and random coil to the transformation of the thioether groups to polar sulfones, which may cause the destabilization of the α-helix.
- Better batteries with organic polymer cathodes
- The group from AIST, Japan, has successfully achieved this by developing insoluble polymer PBQS, based on benzoquinone (BQ) – which has high redox potential (2.5-3.0 V vs Li+/Li) and high theoretical capacity (496 mA h g-1) – units with thioether ...
Thioether is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Thioether books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
al-qaeda in iraq goals
list of polymaths contemporary