- Ranking the Top 10 Best Bacteria on Earth
- Bacteria have been the dominant life form on Earth for 3,500 million years.
- Giant bacterium carries thousands of genomes
- Epulopiscium is not the largest bacterium known: Thiomargarita namibiensis, so named for its round, pearly sulphur granules rather than because it makes a good cocktail, grows up to 800 micrometres long.
- Bacteria that could pass as X-men: part 1
- Thiomargarita is over one million times larger than the majority of bacteria. Although it can drift around on the tides, it has no way of propelling itself around, which means that once it stops it's pretty immovable as well.
- Is This Spindly Fossil a 3-Billion-Year-Old Eukaryote?
- The current record holder is Thiomargarita namibiensis, which measures hundreds of micrometers in diameter. Bacterial resting structures like spores or cysts can also reach prodigious size.
- In the oceans, aliens lie hidden and waiting
- The real title of the paper is “Multiple self-splicing introns in the 16S rRNA genes of giant sulfur bacteria”. But who's going to fall out of their chair for that? The truth is, we do have aliens peppered among us.
Thiomargarita Namibiensis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Thiomargarita Namibiensis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Thiomargarita Namibiensis Topics
Related searchesapache indian
sonic heroes eggmans forces enemies
harishchandra the legend of harishchandras ideal life
meaning of dreams about danger
just war theory alternative theories