- Deciphering history
- Upon reaching the site, a team of epigraphists including Santhalingam and Udayakumar found the inscription referring to 24 Thirthankara Jinalaya. The inscription read that a Jinalaya was constructed on the place where the mortal remains of an elder ...
- Debating Santhara: This Jain practice is not suicide, but Indian laws don't
- But since jainisn doesnt believe in any supreme god, and anybody could themselves become god like with immence bliss by attaining sidhhasila through teachings of thirthankara..., then what happens to those souls who are not jains when they die.
- Ancient Mahavira sculpture found in cave near Theni
- It's done with great precision. It's a rare piece of art and it should be preserved," said K Ajithadoss, a Jain scholar based in Chennai. Many sculptures of Jain Thirthankaras found across Tamil Nadu are lying neglected.
- Culture of co-existence
- He said that a statue of a jain thirthankara on a parapet wall of the Temple is an indication of the its jain heritage. The architectural beauty of an open well, located behind the Temple, is beyond words.
- Learning Yoga Lessons from the Saints of Yore
- CHENNAI: Gods, goddesses, great saints including lord Nataraja, Gautama Buddha, Tirumular and Patanjali are seen in yoga postures at the exhibition organised by the Museum at Fort St George to mark the first International Yoga Day. The pictures taken ...
Thirthankara is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Thirthankara books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.