- Theerthavari day: Over 10 lakh take Mahamaham dip in Tamil Nadu
- Mutt heads, Shanmugha Desika Gnanasambanda Swamigal of Dharmkapuram and Ambalavana Desika Swamigal of Thiruvavaduthurai, Muthukumaraswamy Swamigal of Thiruppanandal were present on the occasion. They performed 'pujas' and entered ...
- Time travel to the Chola period
- His latest venture is a three-part series on Chola temples, including ones in Pudukkottai and Nagapattinam regions (like Kodumbalur, Punjai, Thiruvavaduthurai and Thiruvelvikudi temples), Gangaikondacholapuram and Darasuram temples, and the ones in ...
- Seers conference begins in Tamil Nadu
- Thiruvavaduthurai Mutt head Sri Ambalavana Pandara Sannidhi Swamigal inaugurated the "Akila Bharatha Thurviyarkal Maanadu" at Sri Vittal Rukumani Samathan at Govindhapuram. Hundreds of pontiffs from various mutts and sadhus, including 150 from ...
- The patron-saint of Tamil Thatha
- Prominent among them were his teacher Thirusirapuram Meenakshisundaram Pillai, Thiyagaraj Chettiyar, who got him the job of Tamil teacher in Kumbakonam college and Melagaram Subramania Desikar, the 16th head of the Thiruvavaduthurai Mutt.
- What adds melody to the reed?
- Today, nagaswaram players use 36-inch pari type nagaswaram, designed by nagaswaram wizard Thiruvavaduthurai Rajarathinam Pillai with the help of late Ranganathan Achari, the uncle of Gunasekaran. “Rajarathinam Pillai felt that the small thimiri-type ...
Thiruvavaduthurai is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Thiruvavaduthurai books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.