Thom Mayne Design Philosophy
A selection of articles related to thom mayne design philosophy.
Original articles from our library related to the Thom Mayne Design Philosophy. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Thom Mayne Design Philosophy.
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- A Basic View of Paganism or Bambi Pagansim
- "You people are all so nice! I like the idea of Paganism, but I don't think I could be that nice all the time." The writer was genuinely perplexed and driven to ask me if it is really possible that Pagans, Witches and Wiccans really lived such...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Of Master and Discipline
- Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Commentary Part 1 The following is a fictional account of a spiritual awakening with a factual basis. This five part series is offered to promote and encourage the practices of the World Mind Society, making the...
Mind >> World Mind
- What is Kabbalah
- Kabbalah can be interpreted and explained in different ways. Kaballah is quite difficult to categorize since its philosophy cannot be verified and not based on historic fact.
Mystic Sciences >> Symbology
Thom Mayne Design Philosophy is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Thom Mayne Design Philosophy books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Coy Howard, interviewed by SCI-Arc students: part 2 of 3
- Coy: The attributes and qualities that give a sense of individuality are the things which I strive for personally in a building, an object, a piece of furniture, whatever it is that I happen to be designing.
- Thom Mayne Wins 2013 AIA Gold Medal
- Mayne described his design philosophy to ARCHITECT at the November preview of his new Perot Museum of Nature and Science in Dallas: “I like provoking people. It's what you're supposed to do.” Indeed, Mayne's iconoclastic approach to design, as well as ...
- Announcing Close-up: A SCI-Arc Gallery Exhibition
- David received his M.Arch degree from Columbia University and his BA degree from St. John's College where he studied philosophy and mathematics.
- Art + Architecture: Swipes and Changeups with Mike Nesbit
- Thom Mayne was part of his review panel and invited Nesbit to come work for him at Morphosis after seeing his work.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.