A selection of articles related to thoth.
Original articles from our library related to the Thoth. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Thoth.
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Isis and her son Horus
- We are now in the sign of Cancer, which has quite a few things to do with the concept of the Mother. But to be sure, without the child there is no mother, so the story is just as much about the relationship between the two. In our lives, there is probably no...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Thoth, (Djehuty), the god who is said to have invented writing, the measuring of time, music, magic, art, medicine, mathematics and astronomy. In early times shown as an ibis, the sign of the 15th Lower Egyptian nome, so he might have originated there. His...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
- Tarot Cards Overview
- Tarot is made up of four suites of regular playing cards, each having 14 pieces of cards. What distinguishes a deck of tarot cards from conventional playing cards is a single card called the Fool.
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- The Magician in the Tarot and Magick
- The symbolic images of the Magician in the Tarot decks explain the essence of magick and the required attitude of its practicioners This card has the number 1, because it is the card of beginnings and everything you need for a good start: self-confidence,...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
Thoth is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Thoth books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The book of Thoth - DMT Nexus
- THE BOOK OF THOTH, CONTENTS PART ONE. III.
- T h e E m e r a l d T a b l e t s
- PREFACE to the original: Emerald Tablets of Thoth the Atlantean B.C.
- The Ring of Thoth by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle http://www.horrorm
- There was a young priest of Thoth, Parmes by name, who had won my goodwill by his Temple of Thoth, but he said little to me as to the result of his labours.
Suggested News Resources
- Movie Review: Conan The Barbarian (2011) - A Robert E. Howard and Roy Thomas
- He could just as easily have been made over to be Thoth-Amon for example.
- Young Woman With Ibis
- The god Thoth, who represented writing, scribes, and wisdom, usually appears with the head of an ibis; alternatively, Thoth may have a baboon's face.
- Chris Rose: New Orleans traditions
- And then there's my personal favorite, perhaps because I created it myself: The Day Before Thoth Masquerade Golf Tournament, which should be self-explanatory.
- The Three Musketeers Korean Poster
- Not enough Thoth's in the world. Movie Face-off: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince vs. Cloverfield Man of Steel Photos Reveal Henry Cavill with His Superman Curl!
Suggested Web Resources
- Thoth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Thoth was considered one of the more important deities of the Egyptian pantheon .
- Thoth - Crystalinks
- Thoth's other names include Djehuty, Jehuti, Tahuti, Tehuti, Zehuti, Techu, or Tetu, Lord of the Khemenu.
- The Gods of Ancient Egypt -- Thoth
- Description: Thoth is an unusual god. Though some stories place him as a son of Ra, others say that Thoth created himself through the power of language.
- The Book of THOTH - The complete guide to the Tarot, Magick and
- The Mysteries of the Tarot, Crowley, Magick and Egypt revealed at The Book of THOTH.
Related searchesllama classification
mayra santos febres
dermatology scope of the field
timeline of evolution