A selection of articles related to thoth.
Original articles from our library related to the Thoth. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Thoth.
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Isis and her son Horus
- We are now in the sign of Cancer, which has quite a few things to do with the concept of the Mother. But to be sure, without the child there is no mother, so the story is just as much about the relationship between the two. In our lives, there is probably no...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Thoth, (Djehuty), the god who is said to have invented writing, the measuring of time, music, magic, art, medicine, mathematics and astronomy. In early times shown as an ibis, the sign of the 15th Lower Egyptian nome, so he might have originated there. His...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- The Magician in the Tarot and Magick
- The symbolic images of the Magician in the Tarot decks explain the essence of magick and the required attitude of its practicioners This card has the number 1, because it is the card of beginnings and everything you need for a good start: self-confidence,...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Basics of Magick: The Use of Color in Magick
- White | Silver | Grey | Pink | Red | Purple | Brown | Blue | Green | Yellow | Gold | Black In magick, colors represent certain energies, goals, people and non-physical beings, such as deities or spiritual forces. For this reason, you should include candles,...
Symbology >> Colorology
Thoth is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Thoth books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Thoth ball soars on 'Things With Wings'
- King Thoth LXIX wore an imperial-styled tunic of white imported Rhodia silk, trimmed in gold and featuring original rhinestone appliques matching that of the queen. His white mantel featured the same design motif as that of her majesty.
- When Thoth Reigns
- Thoth's Sunday Uptown parade route was designed to pass by as many institutions as possible – hospitals, orphanages, homes for the elderly. The first parade was in 1947, and Arthur Kelly, Thoth's publicity director, announced in The New Orleans States ...
- Gods of Egypt: an historic failure
- Set is demonized in order to make him a simple antagonist, Horus has absolutely no power over the wind, the god of wisdom, Thoth, is not wise, and all powerful god of the sun, Ra, is defeated easily. In and of itself, this is not necessarily a bad thing.
- Krewe of Thoth parades for Mardi Gras: Photo gallery
- Krewe of Thoth parades for Mardi Gras: Photo gallery. 1 / 24. Krewe of Thoth parade 2016.
- Ann Arbor Fest Announces Family Friendly Program
- The piece follows Thoth, the dog-faced baboon god of ancient Egypt, as he's taken on a trip through outer space by a group of extraterrestrials, The artist uses a combination of shadow puppets and hand-drawn transparencies manipulated directly on an ...