A selection of articles related to thread dictionary.
Original articles from our library related to the Thread Dictionary. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Thread Dictionary.
- Pendulum Divination
- The Pendulum is a divination tool made of a piece of string and a weight. The weight can be almost anything: a metal washer, a gold or silver ring, even a paper clip. Pendulum divination has survived through the centuries. The two most common pendulum models...
Divination >> Pendulums
- Apple Divination
- We have all heard and used the expression "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." This expression is based on a very old superstition and is one of many associated with apples. I am quite sure that you have all held an apple in one hand and twisted...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- All One People
- Standing in their Circle, a group of people reverently turn to face and address the four directions. They call to their Great Mother and Great Father, giving thanks for their many gifts. The Circle is blessed with sweet smoke from sacred herbs and becomes a...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Summer is at its end and the last harvest is taken in. The cold season returns, all of nature seems to die and the nights become long. It is the beginning of Samon, the dark half of the year. The veil between the land of the living and the land of the dead...
Holidays >> Samhain
- (allotter) The second of the three Fates, daughter of Zeus out of Themis. She is sometimes pictured as a matronly woman holding a length of thread. Her office it is to measure out, either long or short, the length of a person's life thread. See also Atropos...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Thread Dictionary is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Thread Dictionary books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Businesses need to find their own identity to attract top-draw talent
- In 2015, Dictionary.com named "identity" as the word of the year. Merriam Webster's dictionary reported "-ism" as its most popular word, as in "socialism" and "feminism," taking a lead on "culture," which was the most searched word in 2014.
- Workers being driven mad when colleagues say "can I borrow you for a sec"
- The expression originates from the Greek mythology where king Theseus found his way out of Minotaur's labyrinth by following a "red thread". DIAL IT UP: According to the Oxford English Dictionary, an informal use of this phrase refers to increasing the ...
- When grammar goes the distance
- Webster's New World College Dictionary, the one favored by many news organizations, lists as its third definition of “enormity”: “enormous size or extent; vastness: in modern use, considered a loose usage by some.
- Idra Novey's 'Ways To Disappear' Experiments With A Writer's Creativity
- Flipping through the book, one can't help but notice the chapters — they're short — and their various forms: poems, emails, radio broadcasts, dictionary-definitions-cum-microfictions.
Thread Dictionary Topics
golf ball aerodynamics