A selection of articles related to thucydides notes.
Original articles from our library related to the Thucydides Notes. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Thucydides Notes.
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- A New Type of Money Magic
- A young graduate opens a card from Aunt Betty; it contains a crisp green bill, along with congratulations and sincere wishes for success. Grandparents buy their new-born grandchild a Savings Bond, a gesture which will be stored away for decades before being &q...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Synaesthesia: The Crossing of the Senses
- "We interpret one sense by another." William Hazlitt "Although medicine has known about synaesthesia for three centuries, it keeps forgetting that it knows. Richard Cytowic, in "Synaesthesia: Phenomenology and Neuropsychology a Review of...
Modern Science >> Synesthesia
- The Symbolic Language of Dreams
- In dreams we are carried away to a wonderland of imagination - pleasures and fears blend themselves into a magical universe. When awake we have forgotten that this wonderland exists in our own souls. A Language According to Jung, dreams as well as daydreaming,...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Thucydides Notes is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Thucydides Notes books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- STEVEN LATTIMORE, trans. Thucydides: The Peloponnesian War
- STEVEN LATTIMORE, trans. Thucydides: The Peloponnesian War. With intro- duction and notes.
- Vaccine Timeline
- 430 BC General Thucydides notes the appearance of natural immunity in victims of a plague that sweeps through Athens.
- THUCYDIDES 2,37,1: PERICLES ON ATHENIAN DEMOCRACY
- Thucydides translated into English with introduction, marginal analysis, notes, and indices (Oxford 1881); Kakridis = J.T.
- Impact of the plague in Ancient Greece
- Thucydides notes that their bodies still possessed a considerable strength, even at the time of expiration. 46. M.
- Martha Taylor The City Sets Sail: Thucydides' Sicilian Expedition
- the Athenians' affections.
Suggested News Resources
- Et Tu, George?
- But as Thucydides notes, they had suffered a grievous intelligence failure: they did not get the support they had counted on, and the enemy was far larger and more organized than they had anticipated.
- Somalia's piracy problem is everyone's problem
- But maritime piracy involves criminal elements using force against innocent prey whose only interest is safe passage. Little more, little less. The problem of piracy is as ancient as when mankind first traversed open waters.
Suggested Web Resources
- Thucydides - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Notes. ^ Cochrane, p. 179; Meyer, p.
- Thucydides Notes
- THUCYDIDES NOTES. 2. 37.
- Thucydides, Univ. of Saskatchewan
- Dec 13, 2009 Note, e.g., Thucydides' use of Homer in his introduction (e.
- Notes on Thucydides, original and ... - Google Books
- Notes on Thucydides, original and compiled: books I., II., and III.