A selection of articles related to thucydides notes.
Original articles from our library related to the Thucydides Notes. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Thucydides Notes.
- A New Type of Money Magic
- A young graduate opens a card from Aunt Betty; it contains a crisp green bill, along with congratulations and sincere wishes for success. Grandparents buy their new-born grandchild a Savings Bond, a gesture which will be stored away for decades before being &q...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Synaesthesia: The Crossing of the Senses
- "We interpret one sense by another." William Hazlitt "Although medicine has known about synaesthesia for three centuries, it keeps forgetting that it knows. Richard Cytowic, in "Synaesthesia: Phenomenology and Neuropsychology a Review of...
Modern Science >> Synesthesia
- The Symbolic Language of Dreams
- In dreams we are carried away to a wonderland of imagination - pleasures and fears blend themselves into a magical universe. When awake we have forgotten that this wonderland exists in our own souls. A Language According to Jung, dreams as well as daydreaming,...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Reiki, Questions & Answers
- Q. Where does Reiki energy come from? A. Reiki energy is a subtle energy. It is different than electricity or chemical energy or other kinds of physical energy. Reiki energy comes from the Higher Power, which exists on a higher dimension than the physical...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Thucydides Notes is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Thucydides Notes books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- STEVEN LATTIMORE, trans. Thucydides: The Peloponnesian War
- STEVEN LATTIMORE, trans. Thucydides: The Peloponnesian War. With intro- duction and notes.
- Vaccine Timeline
- 430 BC General Thucydides notes the appearance of natural immunity in victims of a plague that sweeps through Athens.
- THUCYDIDES 2,37,1: PERICLES ON ATHENIAN DEMOCRACY
- Thucydides translated into English with introduction, marginal analysis, notes, and indices (Oxford 1881); Kakridis = J.T.
- Impact of the plague in Ancient Greece
- Thucydides notes that their bodies still possessed a considerable strength, even at the time of expiration. 46. M.
- Martha Taylor The City Sets Sail: Thucydides' Sicilian Expedition
- the Athenians' affections.
Suggested News Resources
- Et Tu, George?
- But as Thucydides notes, they had suffered a grievous intelligence failure: they did not get the support they had counted on, and the enemy was far larger and more organized than they had anticipated.
- Somalia's piracy problem is everyone's problem
- But maritime piracy involves criminal elements using force against innocent prey whose only interest is safe passage. Little more, little less. The problem of piracy is as ancient as when mankind first traversed open waters.
Suggested Web Resources
- Thucydides - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Notes. ^ Cochrane, p. 179; Meyer, p.
- Thucydides Notes
- THUCYDIDES NOTES. 2. 37.
- Thucydides, Univ. of Saskatchewan
- Dec 13, 2009 Note, e.g., Thucydides' use of Homer in his introduction (e.
- Notes on Thucydides, original and ... - Google Books
- Notes on Thucydides, original and compiled: books I., II., and III.
Thucydides Notes Topics
Related searchespubic area
geography of ecuador natural hazards
evangelical lutheran church in america
noodling how to noodle