A selection of articles related to thucydides notes.
Original articles from our library related to the Thucydides Notes. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Thucydides Notes.
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Trance-formation (The Cosmic Tao of the Sexes)
- The purest outpouring of love between the sexes, is as a miniature super-nova of ecstatic union. Reciprocating pleasure becomes the engine that feeds the fires of passion. Passion becomes dynamic fuel for love. It is an engine that runs with the force of a...
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The Ouija Board
- The Ouija is a wooden board that contains the 26 letters of the alphabet, the numbers 0-9 and the words yes, no, maybe and goodbye. The first board was invented in Maryland around 1890, by Charles Kennard. The Ouija has always fascinated people. It is used to...
Parapsychology >> Spirits
Thucydides Notes is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Thucydides Notes books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- STEVEN LATTIMORE, trans. Thucydides: The Peloponnesian War
- STEVEN LATTIMORE, trans. Thucydides: The Peloponnesian War. With intro- duction and notes.
- Vaccine Timeline
- 430 BC General Thucydides notes the appearance of natural immunity in victims of a plague that sweeps through Athens.
- THUCYDIDES 2,37,1: PERICLES ON ATHENIAN DEMOCRACY
- Thucydides translated into English with introduction, marginal analysis, notes, and indices (Oxford 1881); Kakridis = J.T.
- Impact of the plague in Ancient Greece
- Thucydides notes that their bodies still possessed a considerable strength, even at the time of expiration. 46. M.
- Martha Taylor The City Sets Sail: Thucydides' Sicilian Expedition
- the Athenians' affections.
Suggested News Resources
- Et Tu, George?
- But as Thucydides notes, they had suffered a grievous intelligence failure: they did not get the support they had counted on, and the enemy was far larger and more organized than they had anticipated.
- Somalia's piracy problem is everyone's problem
- But maritime piracy involves criminal elements using force against innocent prey whose only interest is safe passage. Little more, little less. The problem of piracy is as ancient as when mankind first traversed open waters.
Suggested Web Resources
- Thucydides - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Notes. ^ Cochrane, p. 179; Meyer, p.
- Thucydides Notes
- THUCYDIDES NOTES. 2. 37.
- Thucydides, Univ. of Saskatchewan
- Dec 13, 2009 Note, e.g., Thucydides' use of Homer in his introduction (e.
- Notes on Thucydides, original and ... - Google Books
- Notes on Thucydides, original and compiled: books I., II., and III.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Thucydides Notes Topics
sugarcane cultivation and uses
meaning of dreams about trousers
the tombs of atuan synopsis
dream dictionary daughter
haleakala national park history