A selection of articles related to thunder.
Original articles from our library related to the Thunder. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Thunder.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 9
- Chapter 9 9:1 Then the LORD said unto Moses, Go in unto Pharaoh, and tell him, Thus saith the LORD God of the Hebrews, Let my people go, that they may serve me. 9:2 For if thou refuse to let them go, and wilt hold them still, 9:3 Behold, the hand of the LORD...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- Holy Oak
- The majesty of the Oak has been recognized by many cultures. The Celts, the Germanic and Nordic tribes, and the ancient Greeks all attributed this tree to their main god. To them the Oak represented power, protection and durability. The fiery Oak has strong...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary O
- The Goddess Epona
- Lately, it seems that Epona is coming back into Her own with the growing popularity of the internet. Most people identify with Her through Her connection with horses - She is the protector of them, after all - but most people don't seem to be aware of all Her...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Pan-Slavonic. God of lightning, thunder, storm and (probably) war, and one of the eight primary deities. He was patron of nobility and of armies. His sacred day is Thursday. He is lord of the mountains and the forest (his tree is the oak). He was represented...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- Lithuanian. God of Thunder, with fertility associations in that he directs the flow of rain....
Deities & Heros >> Baltic and Finnish
Thunder is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Thunder books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
- Scholastic BookFiles: A Reading Guide to Roll of Thunder,. Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor/Laurie Rozakis.
- How Does Lightning and Thunder Form?
- How Does Lightning and Thunder Form? By Tom Salem, Science and Operations Officer.
Suggested News Resources
- Rock Cats Defeat Thunder, 7-4
- Chris Parmelee drove in three runs with a single in the top of the seventh inning to lift the New Britain Rock Cats to a 7-4 victory over the Trenton Thunder on Saturday in the first game of a doubleheader before 5925 at Waterfront Park.
- Thunder, dust storm warnings issued for Valley
- by Philip Haldiman - Aug. 27, 2011 07:08 PM The National Weather Service issued a severe thunderstorm and dust storm warning through 8 pm for southwest Maricopa County and the northern part of Pinal County.
- IDYLLWILD: Jazz and thunder at annual music fest
- BY DIANE A.
- You haven't lived here until...You visited Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary
- Climb aboard and brace for a simulated storm, with lightning, thunder and wind. "We've actually had a few people get a little seasick," Gray said.
- Kevin Durant: Mike Vick Isn't a Top 5 QB
- Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant. That's right.
Suggested Web Resources
- THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER
- After several rounds of auditioning, 18 charismatic boys and girls were selected as the newest members of the Thunder's junior dance team.
- Thunder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Thunder is the sound made by lightning.
- Thunder and Lightning - Weather Dude
- thunder (12030 bytes). Have you ever seen tall, dark puffy clouds forming on a hot humid afternoon?
- Thunder Sports, Boston area sporting goods store.
- Thunder Sports Source is your Boston based sporting equipment source.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.