A selection of articles related to tides.
Original articles from our library related to the Tides. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Tides.
- Howling at the Moon!
- Lunacy, says it all. We all know that the time of the full moon feels strange. Legend has it that the full moon brings out the worst in people: more violence, suicides, accidents, and aggression. The influence of the moon and behavior has been called "The...
Astrology >> The Moon
- What are the names for the thirteen moons of the year?
- There are thirteen Lunar months in the year, the Full Moon is near the mid point of the Lunar Month. The Lunar Moons listed here may not always occur as given because the first New Moon of a new Lunar Year may not coincide with the first day of the first...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Doorway Meditation
- TO begin, find a quiet place. Away from the phone, TV, kids, what have you. Someplace you feel comfortable and away from distractions. This could be the backyard, the beach, the bathroom, or our own special room set aside, anywhere that you can concentrate on...
Mind >> Meditation
- This rune, the fifth rune of the third aett and twenty-first of the Elder Futhark, has two names. Kenaz/Kaunaz is the other rune with two names. Laguz is the best-known name of today’s rune. It means “lake.” Laukaz is the alternative name and means “leek,” a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Elemental Associations
- The earliest of Greek natural philosophers, Thales, in considering which was the most basic element in the cosmos, from which the cosmos was made, supposed that the cosmos was made of Water. Later, Heraclitus decided that the most basic element in the cosmos...
Magick >> The Elements
- Angelic Correspondences: Numerology and Major Arcana
- "An angel can illumine the thought and mind of man by strengthening the power of vision, and by bringing within his reach some truth which the angel himself contemplates." St. Thomas Aquinas "Music is well said to be the speech of angels."...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Orr, Emma Restall: Joint Chief of the British Druid Order
- Bobcat, Joint Chief of the British Druid Order, Priestess, author, poet and singer Emma Restall Orr has books to her credit including keystone works 'Principles of Druidry', 'Spirits of the Sacred Grove' & 'Ritual: A Guide To Life, Love And Inspiration', as...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Tides is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Tides books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Types of Tides and Tidal Currents
- Types of Tides and Tidal Currents by Kenn Oberrecht. At most places on earth, there are two high tides and two low tides a day.
- The Tides Foundation
- The Tides-funded Environmental Working Group forced ABC. News to oney. Money is to the Tides.
- January 2011
- Full. 1st. Quarter.
Suggested News Resources
- G-Braves Break Records, Bash Tides 14-8
- LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga., (August 28, 2011) - The Lead: The Gwinnett Braves defeated the Tides by a score of 14-8 in the final game of the four game set against the Tides on Sunday afternoon at Coolray Field.
- Westport's Sunday stormcast: Irene's rain, wind, tides peak midday
- Irene's eye is expected to slam the southwestern Connecticut coast by about 11 am this morning -- the same time as high tide, the NWS is predicting.
- 'Haven' Recap: "The Tides That Bind"
- Last week's episode of Haven was among my favorites this season, and its immediate successor, "The Tides That Bind," is also a standout evening from the evolving Syfy series.
- Irene: Watching the Surge
- The blue line is the expected, “normal” water level, as the tides come in and out. Actually, “normal” isn't quite right, since we're dealing with astronomically high tides, thanks to the New Moon.
- Soggy Pants Brigade
- There will be strong outgoing tides near dawn and again near sundown, and the combination of a good current flow and reduced light usually puts fish on a feed.
Suggested Web Resources
- Saltwater Tides
- Low and High Tide Predictions for the Gulf Coast, Florida Keys, US East Coast, and US West Coast with Sunrise, Sunset, Moonrise, Moonset, and Moon Phase.
- Tide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Tides are the rise and fall of sea levels caused by the combined effects of the gravitational forces exerted by the Moon and the Sun and the rotation of the Earth .
- The Moon And Tides
- Explains with graphs and pictures how the moon affects oceans. Includes the differences between lunar, spring, neap, high, and low tides.
- Massachusetts Tide Charts - Main Index
- Thank you for all your feedback on the new tides system. We have made adjustments to the display and will be adding 5 more tide locations.
Related searchesskin deep
lethal injection pancuronium
muhammads marriages aisha
checkpoint charlie early escapes
dream interpretation mental torment
indian order of precedence