Timaru Local History
A selection of articles related to timaru local history.
Original articles from our library related to the Timaru Local History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Timaru Local History.
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- Religious Tolerance In Springfield and the Greenleaf Coven
- Religious intolerance is alive and well in Springfield Missouri. The question is, to what degree, and in the terminology of "The Burning Times", how high are the flames? In 1999, the court case of Jean Webb vs. The City of Republic was a headliner...
Paganism & Wicca >> True Stories
- The Truth Behind the History of the Necronomicon
- I don't think there are many people out there who haven't heard of the Necronomicon and the dreadful things connected with it. We've all heard the theories about how it is a Satanist tool; actual copies of the book are bound in human skin and how you risk...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
Timaru Local History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Timaru Local History books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Rare white magpie intrigues South Canterbury resident
- Canterbury Museum natural history senior curator professor Paul Scofield said "incestuous relationships" were common during the early introduction of magpies.
- Record breaking weather in South Canterbury
- Four long-standing South Canterbury weather records were broken in February, one of them almost 120-years-old and dating back to when records first began. Three of the February records were broken at Lake Tekapo, which recorded the highest sunshine ...
- Ross Kinsman's vintage tractor estate a field of dreams for collectors
- All will go under the hammer at 11am on Friday in a Peter Walsh and Associates auction shaping as what has been billed as the biggest single sale of vintage tractors in Australasian history.
- Meth addict, sock-gloved burglar jailed
- A purple-handed burglar who smashed his way into a New World and Z petrol station with a hammer and an axe in South Canterbury had become addicted to pure methamphetamine. In the Timaru District Court on Thursday Mark John Sheridan was ...
- Mt Cook Station sold to New Zealand farming couple
- "Though we are grateful this one (station) is staying in local hands it does not alter the big picture." The history of the land's European settlement and use dates back to 1864, when Scottish migrants Andrew and Catherine Burnett arrived there.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Timaru Local History Topics
Related searchesnauvoo legion formation
history of mauritius colonization
arcturus in the bible
music of argentina cuarteto
sniper rifle history of sniper rifles
list of mythical objects swords