Timaru Local History
A selection of articles related to timaru local history.
Original articles from our library related to the Timaru Local History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Timaru Local History.
- Religious Tolerance In Springfield and the Greenleaf Coven
- Religious intolerance is alive and well in Springfield Missouri. The question is, to what degree, and in the terminology of "The Burning Times", how high are the flames? In 1999, the court case of Jean Webb vs. The City of Republic was a headliner...
Paganism & Wicca >> True Stories
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Truth Behind the History of the Necronomicon
- I don't think there are many people out there who haven't heard of the Necronomicon and the dreadful things connected with it. We've all heard the theories about how it is a Satanist tool; actual copies of the book are bound in human skin and how you risk...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
Timaru Local History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Timaru Local History books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- TOUR OPTIONS (1) Timaru Local Area (2) MacKenzie Country (3
- Timaru Local Area. Local history and scenic beauty. $70.
- Timaru history final
- THE HISTORY OF FLUORIDATION IN TIMARU by Imelda .
- Local Civil Defence Emergency Management Arrangements
- The Timaru District Council Local Arrangements section of the Canterbury ...
- New Zealand titles of genealogical interest held by the University of
- Sources for the social history of Auckland: a report to the Department of History, ... Strathallan's passengers who disembarked at Timaru in January 1859. ..
- "GOOD OLD CLYDE": CLYDE CARR M.P., TIMARU AND THE
- Master of Arts in History in the University of Canterbury. STEPHEN KERR "All the amenities of a city": the nature of the Timaru electorate . ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Timaru - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- This volcanic rock is used for the construction of local "bluestone" buildings. Contents. 1 Timaru district settlements; 2 History.
- Timaru District History
- Timaru The first recorded history of South Canterbury began in March 1839 when a group Each spring a festival of arts and plants is held in the local Domain.
- South Canterbury region - Timaru and its port - Te Ara Encyclopedia
- As South Canterbury's only city and port, Timaru dominates the region. Early European history Opponents thought that because Christchurch's port at Lyttelton was soon to be linked by rail south to Timaru, a local harbour was unnecessary.