- Molas are simple yoke-type blouses richly decorated by intricate needlework. Mola can mean the blouse that is daily wear for Kuna (sometimes spelled Cu...
- What's On: Drum Masters of the Cook Islands
- And they'll be able to take time to appreciate finely woven crafts or brilliantly patterned and coloured tivaivai (quilts). There will also be food stalls, cultural books, T-shirts and pareu (sarong) commemorating RUTU!.
- Spreading the love
- Literally, tivaivai means ''patches''. But the true meaning lies with the whole, Keni Moeroa tells Bruce Munro. In a back room of Otago Museum, Keni Moeroa is busy unfolding a stack of bed covers.
- Atiu: Land of the Birds
- The writer's aunty, Patikura Jim, a prolific tivaivai (quilt) maker on the island of Atiu. Photo by Brie Zeman. We were descending into the recesses of a coral island.
Tivaivai is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Tivaivai books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
ranma characters principal kuno
street photography publication
nauvoo legion formation
history of mauritius colonization
arcturus in the bible
music of argentina cuarteto