A selection of articles related to tlingit kinship.
Original articles from our library related to the Tlingit Kinship. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Tlingit Kinship.
- Mabon / The Autumnal Equinox
- Mabon is a Sabbat of celebration for the abundance of the harvest; a time meant for us to give thanks through song, dance and feasts. This is a time of balance, when day and night are equal once again; a time of meditation and introspection; a time to slow...
Holidays >> Mabon
- Serious Cleansing Ritual
- This cleansing ritual has been modified from one that I performed for a dear friend who was having trouble dispelling negativity possibly sent from a former romantic acquaintance. This is not a ritual to perform for just anybody - the performer actually...
Paganism & Wicca >> Spells
- Our rune for this month is known in reconstructed Common Germanic as *Wunjo, and is used for the sound represented by the English letter W. After the Anglo-Saxons began to write with a modified form of Roman Script (the letters being used to write this...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Story of the Soul Tarot Layout
- "I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul." Psalm 142, Verse 4 KJV "Three things distinguish living from the soul versus living from the ego only. They are: the...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
Tlingit Kinship is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Tlingit Kinship books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Grade Level: Kindergarten
- Tlingit children are traditionally taught their lineage through oral history. They ... choose a moiety for the purposes of learning about the Tlingit kinship system.
- Shtax'héenKwáan Shagóon: NamesandplacesoftheStikineTlingit
- Any smaller kinship subdivisions are essentially informal arrangements and are largely irrelevant by political reckoning.
- Use of Sockeye Salmon at Sitkoh Bay, Alaska
- Tlingit inhabitants of the ;lrca, dcsccndants of whom now rcsidc principally in Sitka ...
- A Study of Matrilineal Descent from the Perspective of the Tlingit
- that shared territory and kinship ties. Consequently, we can deduce that the Tlingit clans living at Karta Bay were called the Kadakeqoan.
Suggested Web Resources
- Kinship - Tlingit
- Tlingit - Kinship. Kin Groups and Descent.
- Elizabeth Howard - Sitka Tribe of Alaska
- Tlingit Values: Liz feels that our two most important values include carrying on the Tlingit language as well as our subsistence way of life.
- Planet Alaska: Tlingit Language Children's Book Project
- Aug 8, 2011 Many children receive their greatest exposure to the Tlingit language and to the Tlingit kinship system in the classroom.
Tlingit Kinship Topics
Related searchescassava animal feed
meaning of dreams about clouds
dyck language properties
life expectancy timeline for humans