A selection of articles related to tlingit kinship.
Original articles from our library related to the Tlingit Kinship. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Tlingit Kinship.
- Serious Cleansing Ritual
- This cleansing ritual has been modified from one that I performed for a dear friend who was having trouble dispelling negativity possibly sent from a former romantic acquaintance. This is not a ritual to perform for just anybody - the performer actually...
Paganism & Wicca >> Spells
- Our rune for this month is known in reconstructed Common Germanic as *Wunjo, and is used for the sound represented by the English letter W. After the Anglo-Saxons began to write with a modified form of Roman Script (the letters being used to write this...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- Story of the Soul Tarot Layout
- "I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul." Psalm 142, Verse 4 KJV "Three things distinguish living from the soul versus living from the ego only. They are: the...
Divination >> Tarot Cards
- Mabon / The Autumnal Equinox
- Mabon is a Sabbat of celebration for the abundance of the harvest; a time meant for us to give thanks through song, dance and feasts. This is a time of balance, when day and night are equal once again; a time of meditation and introspection; a time to slow...
Holidays >> Mabon
Tlingit Kinship is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Tlingit Kinship books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Grade Level: Kindergarten
- Tlingit children are traditionally taught their lineage through oral history. They ... choose a moiety for the purposes of learning about the Tlingit kinship system.
- Shtax'héenKwáan Shagóon: NamesandplacesoftheStikineTlingit
- Any smaller kinship subdivisions are essentially informal arrangements and are largely irrelevant by political reckoning.
- Use of Sockeye Salmon at Sitkoh Bay, Alaska
- Tlingit inhabitants of the ;lrca, dcsccndants of whom now rcsidc principally in Sitka ...
- A Study of Matrilineal Descent from the Perspective of the Tlingit
- that shared territory and kinship ties. Consequently, we can deduce that the Tlingit clans living at Karta Bay were called the Kadakeqoan.
Suggested Web Resources
- Kinship - Tlingit
- Tlingit - Kinship. Kin Groups and Descent.
- Elizabeth Howard - Sitka Tribe of Alaska
- Tlingit Values: Liz feels that our two most important values include carrying on the Tlingit language as well as our subsistence way of life.
- Planet Alaska: Tlingit Language Children's Book Project
- Aug 8, 2011 Many children receive their greatest exposure to the Tlingit language and to the Tlingit kinship system in the classroom.
Tlingit Kinship Topics
Related searchesdrum kit hi-hat history
chicago blackhawks hall of famers
catastrophe modeling demand surge