A selection of articles related to tlingit shamanism.
Original articles from our library related to the Tlingit Shamanism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Tlingit Shamanism.
- An Overview of Core Shamanism
- Core shamanism developed out of research done by Dr. Michael Harner. He discovered that all over the world, while the overall approaches to shamanism may be different, there were key elements in common. Dr. Harner then set about synthesizing these elements so...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
- What is Shamanic Healing?
- “Shamans heals themselves. By working through their pain, they learn to help others." -Wounded Healin' "But the primitive magician, the medicine man, or the shaman is not only a sick man; he is, above all, a sick man who has been cured, who has...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- (Also Known as Hu'Gadarn, Herne, The Horned One) Celtic God of Nature, The Wild Man of the Woods, Animal Instinct, The Hunt. Known to all Celts as the "Horned God ". God of nature, virility, fertility, animals, sex, reincarnation and shamanism....
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Introduction to Sex Magick
- "Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul." Oscar Wilde Sex magick means using your sexuality in order to work magick. This technique is not new nor outrageous; although usually kept secret many...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
Tlingit Shamanism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Tlingit Shamanism books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Shamanism and Christianity: Modern-Day Tlingit Elders Look at the
- Abstract. Shamanism, a key element of the precontact Tlingit culture, was seen by .
- Contemporary Research on Shamanism
- studies, including Barbara Iliff's excellent examinations of Tlingit shamanic kits.
- Corrections to "Some Aspects of Kitanemuk Prehistory"
- 1961 Tlingit Shamanism and Sorcery. Kroeber. Anthropological Society Papers 25:207-220.
- NWCIndians Write-up
- Tlingit shamans' masks were generally without eyeholes, as the shaman often worked in a small area, and in direct contact with his patient.
- Clan Mothers and Godmothers: Tlingit Women and Russian
- Oct 25, 2007 the history of the Tlingit women's conversion to Russian Orthodox Christianity. Their initial . and shamans tended to be male as well.
Suggested News Resources
- Worl says shamanism still influential in Tlingit culture today
- Rosita Worl SHI lecture series shamanism. Sealaska Heritage Institute President Rosita Worl gives a talk on Tlingit shamanism as part of SHI's Native American History Month Lecture Series. Photo by Casey Kelly/KTOO.
Suggested Web Resources
- Tlingit people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Tlingits were traditionally animists, and hunters ritually purified themselves before hunting animals.
- The Tlingit shaman were respected as powerful figures in their clan or lineage and were paid for their services.
- Arctic Studies Center - Shaman's Mask
- Asymmetric mask painting is a common feature of Tlingit shaman masks.
- SHAMANISM. One of the more colorful and fascinating aspects of Tlingit ceremonial history is shamanism.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Tlingit Shamanism Topics
Related searcheswilliam morris architecture
cessna 177 specifications-cessna 177
trichome plant trichomes
cast system in hinduism