A selection of articles related to tomatoes.
Original articles from our library related to the Tomatoes. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Tomatoes.
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- The Garden of Desire
- It is Mabon. I walk about my garden in the cool of the evening. The leaves of the trees show hints of the coming fall. The harvest should be ripe, but disappointingly, there is little here to celebrate. My pumpkins should be covering the ground in their...
Holidays >> Beltaine
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Food Magic
- Taste, touch, feel, aroma, shape and color. What do your senses tell you about food? Do some foods feel more powerful than others? For example, what do your senses tell you about a lemon? Powerful? If so, what power do you find? Imagine how many hours it...
Mystic Sciences >> Magick
- Healing With Color Magick
- In healing colors act as balancers: we administer the color(s) someone needs more of, or we give the opposite of the color someone has too much of. Why should the body need color suppletion? Healthy people are in tune with their ground-tune, what means that...
Symbology >> Colorology
- Planet: Venus Sign: Taurus and Libra Day: Friday Venus is the goddess of love, beauty, art, balance, harmony and peace. Venus is the planet with the lowest rotation. The character of the planet and goddess Venus is passive, receptive, magnetic, feminine,...
Earth Mysteries >> Stones, Minerals & Metals
Tomatoes is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Tomatoes books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Sizes vary from the bite-sized cherry tomatoes to the giant beefsteak varieties. Tomatoes are low in calories and a good source of vitamin. C and antioxidants.
- The tomato is the most popular vegetable in today's home gardens, but it was not always Tomatoes are available in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and colors.
- Canning Tomatoes and - University of Georgia
- When tomatoes are canned, they are heated hot enough and long enough to destroy organisms Tomatoes are treated as an acid food for canning purposes.
- Home-grown tomatoes are one of the most popular garden vegetables. The varieties Most of the early ripening tomato varieties are of the determinate type.
Suggested News Resources
- Tom-tomming on tomato!
- Images of Hrithik Roshan and Katrina Kaif throwing ripe, juicy tomatoes at each other seem to have inspired party organisers across the country to re-create the Spanish La Tomatina festival in India.
- Arizona tomato firm fined for hiring illegal workers
- PHOENIX (Reuters) - The United States' largest year-round grower of greenhouse tomatoes has pleaded guilty to knowingly hiring undocumented workers in Arizona and been fined $600000, authorities said on Friday.
- Local farmers protest Publix
- That's because the solution to farm labor exploitation and abuse contained in the Fair Food principles depends on the participation of all the major purchasers of Florida tomatoes.
- Recipe: Tomato Soup for a Stormy Day
- Put in water, stock, tomatoes, beans and 1 teaspoon of pepper 5. Cover pot and simmer for 1 hour until thickened You can serve this soup with pasta or a loaf of fresh bread for dipping.
- Tomato festival ripens as a fixture of Carroll County
- That's why the ninth annual Carroll County Master Gardeners' Heirloom Tomato Festival, held Aug.
Suggested Web Resources
- Tomato - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Tomato may refer to both the plant (Solanum lycopersicum) and the edible, typically red, fruit which it bears.
- Movies | Movie Trailers | Critic Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes
- Rotten Tomatoes - Critic Scores, Showtimes, Movie Trailers & Movie Reviews - The Ultimate Movie Database!
- WHFoods: Tomatoes
- Tomatoes have fleshy internal segments filled with slippery seeds surrounded by a watery matrix.
- Tomato - Vegetable Directory - Watch Your Garden Grow
- Recipes for fried green tomatoes, tomato kebabs, and salsa, also freezing, canning and growing tips.
- Tomatoes, How To Use Fresh Tomatoes, How To Peel Fresh
- Tomatoes, How To Use Fresh Tomatoes,History of Tomatoes, How To Peel Fresh Tomatoes, Tomato Recipes, Tomato Equivalents.