- Sesshō-seki · Tonbogiri in the 14th century has led modern chroniclers to define it as the legitimate dynasty for purposes of reign names and genealogy.
- Justin Vail ARTH 208 11/23/09 Hanging scroll of Honda Tadakatsu
- battles he served in, he was never once injured. Honda Tadakatsu's weapon of choice was a spear named.
- Junsei Magazine Issue 1
- Another example is the spear Tonbogiri wielded by the Daimyo Honda Tadakatsu hence the blade is named Tonbogiri – The. Dragonfly Cutter.
- Is Tonbogiri believed to possess any mystical powers and if so what
- Tonbo-Giri possess no powers what so ever. It was just wielded by a fearless man, Tadakatsu Honda.
- Troll (Tonbogiri) on Twitter
- Troll (Tonbogiri) is on Twitter. Sign up for Twitter to follow Troll (Tonbogiri) and get their latest updates.
- Kessen Review for PlayStation 2: "You will fear my Tonbogiri
- Jan 20, 2001 For Kessen on the PlayStation 2, a reader review titled ""You will fear my Tonbogiri!" - Tadakatsu Honda".
- The Samurai Archives Citadel // View topic - Tonbo-Giri
- Tonbo-Giri, Dragonfly-Cutter. A dragonfly landed on the blade and was instantly cut in half because of the sharpness. This is all I know.
Tonbogiri is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Tonbogiri books and related discussion.