- Toponym'Elles : Montréal fera rayonner les grandes personnalités féminines qui ont marqué l'histoire de la métropole
- MONTRÉAL, le 2 mars 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - À quelques jours de la Journée internationale de la femme, le maire de Montréal, M. Denis Coderre, et la responsable de la culture, du patrimoine, du design, d'Espace pour la vie ainsi que du statut de la femme, ...
- It Works for the Turks: A Colour for Each Direction
- But then of course English also has its coloured seas – four, to be precise, although none of the toponyms is native to the English language. One also is a White Sea, though not quite blessed with the same balmy climate as its Turkish namesake.
- Montreal To Name More Streets, Parks, And Public Spaces After Women
- First, however, the databank needs a selection of names to choose from, which is the first goal of Toponym'Elles.
- Montreal seeks to name landmarks after influential women
- The goal of the project, which is called "Toponym'Elles," is to collect the names of 375 notable women before the city celebrates its 375th anniversary in 2017. "The fact (is) that history has been written mostly by men.
- Wordwise: Top to topic to toponym
- A “toponym” refers to a place name which develops into a word for something associated with the place concerned - as in a previous Wordwise column with mention of a region of Ethiopia where shrubs produced berries which, when cracked, added to water, ...
Toponym is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Toponym books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searcheslist of fictional deities
indian institute of science history
marc chagall chagall quotes