- The Cognitive Origins of Religion
- Mithen borrows from famed anthropologist Claude Lévi-Strauss, who felt that totemism is “the practice of humanity brooding on itself and its place in nature.” It was this mindset that led to religion.
- Woodrow Wilson: We must tell the whole story
- The proposition that someone said or did something odious so that person should not be remembered is reverse totemism: Touch the totem and you will be healed (or wise). Remove the totem and the sin will vanish.
- Postmodern Perfected: Is the Style of the '80s Making a Comeback?
- Subsequent exhibitions have highlighted the Memphis group or earlier avant-garde designers, and recent years have seen postmodernism-related shows as far afield as South Africa, which showcased “Totemism: Memphis Meets Africa” at Design Indaba ...
- Why We All Need Indigenous European Paganism
- Pagan involved anything that is animism, totemism, ancestor worship tribal religions. The only pagan religion which has survived tremendous invasions and still flourished is Hinduism. Hinduism is not what we call our religion.
- Osborne: I will continue to take 'difficult decisions' after tax credits U-turn
- George Osborne has said he will continue to take “difficult decisions” after he embarked on a spectacular U-turn on his planned tax credits cuts and to spare frontline policing from severe austerity.
Totemism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Totemism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
oral contraceptive invention
public transport social issues
space shuttle challenger flights
pride and prejudice plot summary