- Stem Cells–Myth or Medical Breakthrough?
- Plant totipotent stem cells do not produce substances capable of affecting other cells. Callouses are forced upon living plant stems to encourage new baby cells, harvested and then put into creams as "stem cell therapy.
- Truth about stem cells
- “Totipotent” cells have the capacity to differentiate into any of our 220 cell types. “Pluripotent” cells can differentiate into nearly all cells, while “multipotent” cells can become only cells of a closely related family of cells.
- Embryonic cell power increased
- Working with mouse embryonic stem cells, the researchers studied how to produce cells resembling embryos at the 2-cell stage, when they are still totipotent, capable of creating every cell in the body.
- Tinkering with Chromatin Induces Totipotent-Like State
- Not content with inducing mere pluripotency, stem cells scientists have been trying to coax developing cells all the way back to totipotency, the exceptionally plastic state that is characteristic of newly fertilized cells.
- From pluripotency to totipotency
- Just after fertilization, when the embryo is comprised of only 1 or 2 cells, cells are "totipotent", that is to say, capable of producing an entire embryo as well as the placenta and umbilical cord that accompany it.
Totipotent is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Totipotent books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheselite four rby and frlg
romeo and juliet instrumental music