A selection of articles related to traditional ayurveda.
Original articles from our library related to the Traditional Ayurveda. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Traditional Ayurveda.
- "The Holly and the Ivy": a Re-Heathenized Traditional Yuletide Carol
- Note: this song, in its Christianized form, was sung at the Lexington Unitarian Universalist Church in December 1999. The following comments were printed on the songsheet: "In early times, when reference was made in song or verse to 'holly' or 'ivy,'...
Holidays >> Yule
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Ritual and Ritual Preparation
- Avoid interruptions during a religious or magical rite -- take the phone off the hook, lock the doors, post a "do not disturb" notice. Depending on how your animals and/or children react to ritual, you may have to make other arrangements for them...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- The Four Symbols of Usui Reiki Ryoho
- " It is not God's will merely that we should be happy, but that we should make ourselves happy." Immanuel Kant According to many traditional teachers the Reiki symbols are sacred and therefore secret and should only be seen by insiders, meaning...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
Traditional Ayurveda is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Traditional Ayurveda books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali leaves Ayurveda 'pioneers' like Baidyanath and Vicco
- The third-generation scion of a century-old firm, Baidyanath, is seeking to ride the Ayurveda wave generated by yoga guru Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved, which has gone beyond traditional products to make use of the business potential of the ancient ...
- Nayani Thiyagarajah On Racism And Self-Care
- I turned to Ayurveda as a healing practice and a healing tool, it being centuries-old tradition of healing has provided me a lot of solace. I've also turned to traditional Chinese medicine, acupuncture and shiatsu, to be specific.
- Government to ink accord with WHO to popularise AYUSH globally
- AYUSH stands for Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy systems medicine and wellbeing. Naik said India will partner with the USA for research in AYUSH to look for treatment of cancer. The Arogya Fair aims to create public ...
- Initiatives taken to draw more foreign students to India: Smriti Irani
- "These scholarships cover traditional courses in Indian Classical dance and music, Ayurveda, Yoga etc. to modern, secular and development studies. More than 6,000 foreign students from around 120 countries of the world are on the roll of ICCR almost at ...
- Manuscripts await expert eyes
- Rare manuscripts in all its forms, including palm leaves, birch bark and copper plates, are said to be under threat due to a dearth of experts, including manusciptologists, trained archivists and librarians who could work on the documentation of these ...
Traditional Ayurveda Topics
Related searchesolivier messiaen harmony
list of waterfalls india
robotic or unmanned space probes