Traditional Chinese Character
A selection of articles related to traditional chinese character.
Original articles from our library related to the Traditional Chinese Character. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Traditional Chinese Character.
- Chinese Zodiac Signs: An Overview
- Chinese zodiac presented the character of persons born under each sign in twelve consecutive years. Each year are represented by the twelve animals, as follows
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- The Character of Magick
- I have a friend, her husband is morbidly obese through indulgent overeating. Whole roasts at night! She feels betrayed. My husband is unconscious in the hospital bed, as I sit here I feel incredibly alone and abandoned. I miss him, yet he is right there. A...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- "The Holly and the Ivy": a Re-Heathenized Traditional Yuletide Carol
- Note: this song, in its Christianized form, was sung at the Lexington Unitarian Universalist Church in December 1999. The following comments were printed on the songsheet: "In early times, when reference was made in song or verse to 'holly' or 'ivy,'...
Holidays >> Yule
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
Traditional Chinese Character is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Traditional Chinese Character books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Traditional Chinese characters an advantage and here's why
- How was it that a stupid gweilo could understand it and an intelligent Chinese could not? I thought back to the teachers in the Mandarin school in Taipei in the 1980s. “You must use only the traditional characters,” they said.
- Reading from the same script: a brief history of simplification and Chinese
- Even on the mainland today, the dust has not settled with the use of simplified characters as many of the intelligentsia, including renowned director Feng Xiaogang, openly criticise them and call for the return of traditional Chinese characters.
- Debate rages in Hong Kong over simplifying Chinese
- Unlike mainland China, Hong Kong has always used Cantonese as its official spoken language and traditional Chinese as its writing system.
- Canadian Rockies
- In a week's time it would be Thanksgiving – the traditional end of summer. The birds were flying south – a great skein of geese as we left Calgary – and the “Closed/Fermé” signs were going up on the campsites.
- It's (Not) Only Words: Hongkongers Freak Out After Seeing Mainland Chinese
- When placed side by side, even those unfamiliar with written Chinese will see a clear difference between the traditional and simplified Chinese script—characters in the traditional script typically have more strokes.
Traditional Chinese Character Topics
Related searchesport glasgow
eye examination ocular motility
kamala das biography