A selection of articles related to traditional shamanism.
Original articles from our library related to the Traditional Shamanism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Traditional Shamanism.
- An Overview of Core Shamanism
- Core shamanism developed out of research done by Dr. Michael Harner. He discovered that all over the world, while the overall approaches to shamanism may be different, there were key elements in common. Dr. Harner then set about synthesizing these elements so...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- "The Holly and the Ivy": a Re-Heathenized Traditional Yuletide Carol
- Note: this song, in its Christianized form, was sung at the Lexington Unitarian Universalist Church in December 1999. The following comments were printed on the songsheet: "In early times, when reference was made in song or verse to 'holly' or 'ivy,'...
Holidays >> Yule
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
Traditional Shamanism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Traditional Shamanism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Library talk: Shamanism for power and healing
- They have been practicing shamanism for 25 years and have taught basic and advanced classes in core shamanism for 18 years. They have studied with traditional masters of Hebraic shamanism for many years and experienced other shamanic traditions.
- The Revolution Will Be Televised in These Multimedia Paintings
- Martins de Melo's alluring work explores the material capabilities of traditional oil painting by combining it with sculpture and intricate animations, creating an aesthetic that's somewhere between shamanism and anarchism. He acts as a voice for the ...
- Ayahuasca Can Be a White-Knuckle Ride, Even for Seasoned Users
- And yes, the times are totally different, globalization means that the good old pre-colonial days really are vanished forever, and many aspects of traditional tribal shamanism will fade completely into the mists of time.
- I Am A Pagan – Let The Rant Begin
- To be more accurate, I'm a witch in an activist, eco-feminist, consensus-based tradition that is both full of structure and paradoxically almost totally without structure.
- Holbrook: Five lessons I learned from my dog (column)
- The school of yoga in which I trained is an eccentric blend of traditional hatha yoga and Peruvian shamanism.
Traditional Shamanism Topics
Related searchesstreet sign theft in law
wind synoptic winds
steel magnolias mlynn
musical theatre more recent eras
waiting for godot stage history
honey composition of honey