A selection of articles related to traditional shamanism.
Original articles from our library related to the Traditional Shamanism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Traditional Shamanism.
- An Overview of Core Shamanism
- Core shamanism developed out of research done by Dr. Michael Harner. He discovered that all over the world, while the overall approaches to shamanism may be different, there were key elements in common. Dr. Harner then set about synthesizing these elements so...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- "The Holly and the Ivy": a Re-Heathenized Traditional Yuletide Carol
- Note: this song, in its Christianized form, was sung at the Lexington Unitarian Universalist Church in December 1999. The following comments were printed on the songsheet: "In early times, when reference was made in song or verse to 'holly' or 'ivy,'...
Holidays >> Yule
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
Traditional Shamanism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Traditional Shamanism books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- York–Shamanism-Traditional - Religion and Nature
- See also: Andean Traditions; Shamanism – Ecuador. Shamanism – Traditional. Shamanism is the art and science by which one purposely shifts perspective.
- Divine Madness The future shaman sometimes takes the risk of
- profession just as the shaman's crisis calls him/her to the role of healer; 3) it was integrated with the aid of traditional shamans and their practices.
- SHAMANIC HEALING
- Shamanism is a worldwide tradition, long practised on all continents.
- Japan has a mystical tradition unique among the developed
- rightly call this tradition, as it exists today, 'shamanism'. I believe that it should not. Calling this tradition 'shamanism', takes away from the meaning of the word.
Suggested News Resources
- Asian Project Market unveils lineup
- Park Chan-kyong, who won the short film award at this year's Berlinale with "Night Fishing," will introduce a horror film titled "When the Bell Rings Itself" (working title), based on Korea's traditional shamanism.
Suggested Web Resources
- In contemporary, historical or traditional shamanic practice the Shaman may at times fill the role of Medium, Priest, Magician, Metaphysician or Healer.
- Shaman - Nicholas Noble Wolf Traditional Shaman
- Mar 1, 2007 Shaman from an ancient Native American Indian lineage offers you shamanic healing, ceremonials, classes and workshops.
- Neoshamanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- According to York (2001) one difference between neoshamanism and traditional shamanism is the role of fear.
- Non-Traditional Shamanism - Walks With Thunder, your non
- WalksWithThunder is Shaman Born. His grandfather was a Shaman for the Caddo tribe, as was his father before him.
Traditional Shamanism Topics
Related searchesmusic of azerbaijan mugam
list of steel producers
philippine constabulary organization
yield to maturity example