A selection of articles related to traditional witches.
Original articles from our library related to the Traditional Witches. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Traditional Witches.
- Hecate: Patroness Of Witchcraft and Witches
- Myth of Hecate Hecate is known as the dark Goddess of the moon. She witnessed the abduction of Persephone, daughter of Demeter. She was able to act as a mediator when Demeter bargained with Zeus to rescue her daughter. Hecate herself, presided over Persephone'...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- "The Holly and the Ivy": a Re-Heathenized Traditional Yuletide Carol
- Note: this song, in its Christianized form, was sung at the Lexington Unitarian Universalist Church in December 1999. The following comments were printed on the songsheet: "In early times, when reference was made in song or verse to 'holly' or 'ivy,'...
Holidays >> Yule
- Can You Bhoga All Night Long? An Introduction to Tantra, East and West
- When you hear the word Tantra, what images come to mind? Turbans and Sitar music? Mind-blowing sex? Most people in the Western world have heard the word Tantra, but few know anything in detail about what it means. The situation in India isn't much different....
Body Mysteries >> Yoga
- Wicca: It's Traditions and Concepts
- What is Wicca? | Wiccan Traditions | Wiccan Concepts What is Wicca? 'An it Harm None, Do what Thou Will' shall be the whole of the law. It's the rede that most Wiccan witches around the world bind themselves to. What exactly is Wicca? It's a religion based on...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- A Basic View of Paganism or Bambi Pagansim
- "You people are all so nice! I like the idea of Paganism, but I don't think I could be that nice all the time." The writer was genuinely perplexed and driven to ask me if it is really possible that Pagans, Witches and Wiccans really lived such...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
Traditional Witches is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Traditional Witches books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- J.K. Rowling's New Story & Cultural Appropriation
- "In the Native American community, some witches and wizards were accepted and even lauded within their tribes, gaining reputations for healing as medicine men, or outstanding hunters. However ....
- Ventress Memorial Library has book club for everyone
- VML Classic Book Group meets second Wednesday of each month in the Historical Room from 4:30 to 6 p.m. This group reads the “classics,” both traditional and modern.
- Play offers another side of fairy tales
- ELLSWORTH - Not the traditional well-known fairy tales but a consolidated version harking back to their origins is promised by “The Brothers Grimm Spectaculation!”, a two-act play ...
- China Bans Sex, Homosexuality, Drugs, and Witches from TV
- The South China Morning Post says Beijing “tightened its muzzle on mainland China's internet after a senior media content watchdog official demanded all online programmes be censored as strictly as traditional television programs.
- A “final girl” who gets to get off: “The Witch” proves nothing's scarier than
- The trope seem to be having a moment, if not in the most traditional vein.
Traditional Witches Topics
Related searchesaurora illinois demographics
neal morse inner circle fan club
king arthur arthurs swords
butters stotch professor chaos