A selection of articles related to transgressive art.
Original articles from our library related to the Transgressive Art. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Transgressive Art.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- 14 - Art
- The word Art refers to the alchemist art of transforming matter through purification from an imperfect state into a perfect one. This was done by first analysing and transforming the different elements and then mingling opposites in the right proportions. But...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Ritual - Expression of Will, Art and Creativity
- Most of our lives involve traditions, regular observances. These might relate to annual or seasonal holiday, it might just be meeting a friend every year at a particular time to go shopping, or have a beer and catch up. The main thing these informal...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Autonomous Spirituality and the Art of Being Your Own God
- As we continue to develop in our religious thinking, we have begun to move away from the old mythological, doctrinal and heteronomous, externally controlling religions, and towards autonomous religion, totally relevant to the individual who develops himself...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Candle Magick: A Basic Guide to the Art
- Research your spell– colours, herbs, gems, moon and astrological phases. Create a visualisation for your intent, a symbol, maybe a rune? Light incense and cast your sacred circle. Invoke the deities needed for your work. Relax, ground and centre. Now you need...
Spells >> Charms
Transgressive Art is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Transgressive Art books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Why We Can't Forget Robert Mapplethorpe
- We know this Mapplethorpe quite well, but “The Perfect Medium,” a new retrospective at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and the J.
- Leading light of AIDS-era art Out There
- Though he concentrates on the oeuvre of Gonzalez-Torres, he also brings in the work of other gay and transgressive artists and collectives of the era, including Jim Hodges, Nayland Blake , Tony Feher, Roni Horn, Group Material, ACT UP , and the NAMES ...
- The Cult of Stephanie Rothman
- But, when the film came out, the Daily Variety reviewer at that time who was named Art Murphy described it as an exploitation film. I had never heard that term before. Roger never used it.
- Peaches to Appear on "Orphan Black"
- Peaches has been twisting her desires into transgressive art pop on the international stage for 15 years now.
Transgressive Art Topics
Related searchesrestaurant types of restaurants
south wales switchgear
disciples of christ
platypus conservation status
grand ayatollah ali al-sistani