A selection of articles related to transgressive art.
Original articles from our library related to the Transgressive Art. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Transgressive Art.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- 14 - Art
- The word Art refers to the alchemist art of transforming matter through purification from an imperfect state into a perfect one. This was done by first analysing and transforming the different elements and then mingling opposites in the right proportions. But...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Our Mother Who Art In Heaven
- (First some Excerpts from an article by Richard Owen in The Times, London September 10, 1999 ) THE Pope, who this year said that God was not "an old man with a white beard", went a step further yesterday and referred to "God the Mother"....
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Candle Magick: A Basic Guide to the Art
- Research your spell– colours, herbs, gems, moon and astrological phases. Create a visualisation for your intent, a symbol, maybe a rune? Light incense and cast your sacred circle. Invoke the deities needed for your work. Relax, ground and centre. Now you need...
Spells >> Charms
- Ritual - Expression of Will, Art and Creativity
- Most of our lives involve traditions, regular observances. These might relate to annual or seasonal holiday, it might just be meeting a friend every year at a particular time to go shopping, or have a beer and catch up. The main thing these informal...
Paganism & Wicca >> Ritual
- Autonomous Spirituality and the Art of Being Your Own God
- As we continue to develop in our religious thinking, we have begun to move away from the old mythological, doctrinal and heteronomous, externally controlling religions, and towards autonomous religion, totally relevant to the individual who develops himself...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Transgressive Art is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Transgressive Art books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 1 Transgression, Cooperation and Criticality in Socially Engaged Art
- forms socially engaged art practice can take is 'transgressive art'. essay, prefer to focus on art that conduces transgression or transgressive behaviour.
- Transgressive art is rare these days as a rotary phone. Yet Baltimore
- Transgressive art is rare these days as a rotary phone.
- CULTIVATED TRAGEDY: ART, AESTHETICS, AND TERRORISM IN
- Lentricchia and Jody McAuliffe's observation that “the impulse to create transgressive art and the impulse to commit violence lie perilously close to each other.
- thesis abstract
- these two series, ORLAN and Martinez produce transgressive art that are reifications of the texts that helped to inform them.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- Transgressive art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Transgressive art refers to art forms that aim to transgress; i.e. to outrage or violate basic mores and sensibilities.
- Aftershock: The Ethics of Contemporary Transgressive Art - Amazon
- Amazon.com: Aftershock: The Ethics of Contemporary Transgressive Art ( 9781845115241): Kieran Cashell: Books.
- The Whitney Celebrates the Lost Public Art of Gordon Matta-Clark
- Feb 11, 2007 But in the early seventies, Gordon Matta-Clark made transformative, transgressive art out of New York's desolate corners.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Transgressive Art Topics
chivas de guadalajara history
flapper flapper behavior
steve redgrave quote
vaquita physical description
lord voldemort history