- Macedonia close borders for migrant transits
- "On the other hand, there are some positive signals that other countries along this route will take additional measures to control the illegal transit efforts, which will also reduce the pressure on Macedonian-Greek border in the long run.
- Malacca Strait transits grow 2% to record in 2015, boxships see dip in H2
- According to figures compiled by the Nippon Maritime Center (NMC) there were 80,980 transits in 2015 of the key waterway connecting Europe and Asia by vessels of over 300 gt. This represented a 2% increase compared to the 79,344 transits in the ...
- Double shadow transit season for Jupiter's moons begins
- With an orbit of 1.8 days, shadow transits of the innermost Galilean moon Io are by far the most common. The innermost three large moons of Jupiter (Io, Europa and Ganymede) are in a 1:2:4 resonance, meaning that double shadow transits involving Io and ...
- Carriers ditching canal transits to save costs and soak up capacity
- Carriers are ditching canal transits on backhaul trips from the US East Coast (USEC) to Asia and North Europe to Asia, opting to save fees and head via the southern tip of Africa instead.
- Russia's Northern Sea Route saw downturn in cargo transits in 2015
- Only 40,000 tons of cargo was transported transit through the Russian Arctic route in 2015. And 75 percent of that was delivered by a Chinese cargo carrier.
Transits is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Transits books and related discussion.