Treaty Of Wedmore
A selection of articles related to treaty of wedmore.
Original articles from our library related to the Treaty Of Wedmore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Treaty Of Wedmore.
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
Treaty Of Wedmore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Treaty Of Wedmore books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- History of English - WS 10-11
- 886 Treaty of Wedmore, creation of Danelaw. 1066 Duke William of Normandy conquers. English Throne.
- The Scandinavianization of England
- The treaty of Wedmore, known as the DANELAW during the reign of Cnut / in the south(west) provides a rationale for Wedmore to be the site of the treaty.
- History of ЄΝϞĿΙЅΗ - Features of Germanic languages 1
- King Alfred (reigned from 871 - 899), treaty of Wedmore 879 – the Danelaw.
- years receiving a mention in the Treaty of Wedmore between King. Alfred and the Danes and also later in the Domesday Book.
Suggested News Resources
- Herald History: Kings who ruled mighty Mercia from Tamworth
- Alfred and Ethelred worked in tandem and, by 879, were dominant, forcing Guthrum, the new Danish leader, into a deal, known as the 'Treaty of Wedmore', which partitioned the country.
Suggested Web Resources
- Treaty of Wedmore
- After the defeat of the Viking Guthrum by Alfred the Great at the battle of Eddington in May, a treaty was signed at Wedmore in 878 A.D.
- Guthorm's Invasion of Wessex - Term of the treaty of Wedmore
- Terms of the Treaty of Wedmore. Guthorm agreed with Alfred to leave the kingdom of Wessex alone and he gave Alfred men from his army to keep as hostages.
- Treaty of Wedmore: Information from Answers.com
- treaty of Wedmore Wedmore, treaty of , 878. The agreement made between King Alfred and the Danish leader Guthrum at Wedmore proved a turning-point in.
Treaty Of Wedmore Topics
st pauls school
erasmus darwin inventions
the duchess of malfi plot
congestive heart failure
dream interpretation thunder