Treaty Of Wedmore
A selection of articles related to treaty of wedmore.
Original articles from our library related to the Treaty Of Wedmore. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Treaty Of Wedmore.
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
Treaty Of Wedmore is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Treaty Of Wedmore books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Herald History: When the vicious Vikings attacked Tamworth
- It was a tenuous agreement, but a famous one, known as the 'Treaty of Wedmore'. It stated that all the lands south and west of the line belonged to the Saxons, while all land north and east was defined as 'Danelaw'. The agreement may have given Alfred ...
- What's so great about ... Wedmore
- IF you favour idyllic walks, country pubs and an impressive history, then Wedmore is a village that can't be missed. Dating back to the Roman era, the Isle of Wedmore, nestled between the River Axe and River Brue, thrives with character and community, ...
- What's great about ... Theale
- IT isn't often you find such a small village with a huge spirit, but that is what you get when you pay a visit or make a move to Theale. The parish of Theale is nestled within the civil parish of Wedmore, forming part of the Sedgemoor district.
- Philip Hammond: UK still has issues with EU reform proposals
- Mr Tusk sent out the latest version after announcing he had cleared his schedule for talks with key EU leaders in a bid to secure agreement at a summit on February 18/19, admitting the negotiations remained "fragile".
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.