A selection of articles related to trees.
Original articles from our library related to the Trees. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Trees.
- Gwydion and the Battle of the Trees
- One of the common themes in Welsh mythology involves raids into the Underworld. This nether land realm is called by different sources Annwn, Achren, Caer Sidi, or by modern English references: Hades or the Otherworld. The images of the Welsh Underworld were...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 20
- Chapter 20 20:1 When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the LORD thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. 20:2 And it shall be,...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- The Green Man
- Who is this mysterious face in the leaves, commonly known as the Green Man? He is the personification of the spirit of nature itself in its vegetation form; the living heartbeat in every cell of a plant, shrub or tree, and the divine essence of the seasons....
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 2
- Now the point of any study of how much we share in our search for the Deity must be in what shared behaviors should we expect? For the purposes of the community of A Mystical Grove, this must be in how we revere and cherish Nature in all its manifold...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Trees is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Trees books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- HOW to Prune Trees
- NA-FR-01-95. Figure 1. Reasons for pruning.
- How to Tap Maple Trees and Make Maple Syrup
- Includes information on yield, tree physiology, step by step instructions, where to go for help, additional reading, and references.
- Self-Adjusting Binary Search Trees
- The splay tree, a self-adjusting form of binary search tree, is developed and analyzed.
Suggested News Resources
- Flooding, down trees forces police to close roads
- Numerous roads in Litchfield County and Greater Waterbury areas are closed due to down trees and flooding. Winsted Police have banned all vehicular travel in the town until further notice. Town Manager Dale L.
- Irene Snaps Trees During Pass Through Massachusetts
- 28 (Bloomberg) -- Trees in Dover, Massachusetts, lay broken in the wake of Irene, now downgraded to a tropical storm.
- Fallen trees from Hurricane Irene kill four in Virginia
- All four deaths were connected with falling trees in the powerful storm, including an 11-year-old boy who died after being pinned under a tree that fell on his apartment home in Newport News.
- Irene downs beloved 80-year-old tree in Brooklyn
- But the much-loved and hotly debated tree couldn't stand up to Tropical Storm Irene, whose winds tore it out of the ground and sent it crashing across a quiet street in Brooklyn Heights at about 4 am Sunday.
- Outages, fallen trees persist after Hurricane Irene
- Hurricane Irene left hundreds of thousands of Washington-area residents without power, with the storm felling trees that downed power lines, crushed cars, damaged houses and blocked roadways.
Suggested Web Resources
- Trees at arborday.org
- The Arbor Day Foundation offers complete resources for planting, pruning, identifying, care of, and information about trees. Plant the right tree in the right place.
- Tree - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A tree is a perennial woody plant.
- Fast Growing Trees - Buy Trees Online - Trees for Sale
- Trees perfect for your area.
- Collection of factsheets on a variety of tree species, including scientific names, growing zones and maintenance.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesal-ahly history
european colonization of the americas
madagascar hissing cockroach
berlin institute of technology
hayden christensen personal life