Trial By Ordeal
A selection of articles related to trial by ordeal.
Original articles from our library related to the Trial By Ordeal. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Trial By Ordeal.
- Reinforcement Effect and Displacement Trend: No Wine in Old Bottles?
- Two phenomena concerning displacement--the reinforcement effect and the displacement trend--have been only meagerly investigated with virtually no further published studies of them since they were first reported decades ago. Because there appears to be...
Journal of Parapsychology >> vol 53, 1989
- The Book of the Law, Liber 220, Part III
- III;1. Abrahadabra; the reward of Ra Hoor Khut. III;2. There is division hither homeward; there is a word not known. Spelling is defunct; all is not aught. Beware! Hold! Raise the spell of Ra-Hoor-Khuit! III;3. Now let it be first understood that I...
Thelema >> The Book of the Law
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 6
- AS THE WORM TURNS Health and well being are part of the natural birthright of the human being. With all of its organs intact, the right diet, exercise and mental focus, a human body can overcome any disease. Even so, the effects of living in this...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Lughnasadh (pronounced Loo-nas-ah), August 1st, is the first harvest festival in the Celtic and Neo-Pagan Year. Like all Celtic Fire Festivals, it begins on the eve of the actual day. Although it later became known as Christian Lammas, it still survives in...
Holidays >> Lammas
- Gwydion and the Battle of the Trees
- One of the common themes in Welsh mythology involves raids into the Underworld. This nether land realm is called by different sources Annwn, Achren, Caer Sidi, or by modern English references: Hades or the Otherworld. The images of the Welsh Underworld were...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Trial By Ordeal is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Trial By Ordeal books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- administering priest knew he was innocent and manipulated the ordeal to find this.
- Trial by Ordeal
- 4 Trial by Ordeal: Paul R. Hyams The Key to
- and suitors. Genuine error was impossible, and there could be no appeal to higher authority.
- Dialogue on the American Jury, Part I: The History of Trial by Jury
- ticipation of clerics in trial by ordeal. Without the clergy's involvement, trial by ordeal–which assumed that God inter- vened to protect the innocent–lost its validity.
- Trial by Ordeal
- Trial by Ordeal. A Modern Parable embers of the upper class in Medieval Europe could resolve dis the more pow putes through Trial by Combat.
Suggested News Resources
- Trial by ordeal
- Diabetes research in India hasn't quite kept pace with the epidemic proportions the disease has assumed. But efforts are on to look for alternatives to the insulin injection.
- In praise of… odd offices
- on trains that went forward for twenty minutes, then stopped for twenty minutes; then went forward for twenty minutes, then stopped for twenty minutes, etc. etc., rendering a five-hour journey from Venice to Rome an all-day trial by ordeal.
- *Intersociety Writes Jonathan, Demands Removal Of Nigeria Police IG
- This may be a clear case of “trial by ordeal”, which is repugnant to equity and good conscience. This anti-democratic attitude of Mr. Rigim makes him unfit as the Inspector General of Police in a democratic Nigeria.
Suggested Web Resources
- Trial by Ordeal
- Medieval Trial by Ordeal. This page is under construction! Where did the medieval idea of trial by ordeal originate?
- Trial by Ordeal - Reason Magazine
- Feb 1, 2010 The surprising accuracy of the Dark Ages' trial by fire rituals.
- Justice, medieval style - The Boston Globe
- Justice, medieval style. The case that 'trial by ordeal' actually worked. (Globe Staff illustration).
- Law and Famous Trials - What Was Trial By Ordeal?: History Fact
- Law and Famous Trials - What Was Trial By Ordeal?: History Fact Finder.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Trial By Ordeal Topics
Related searchescapitonym capitonyms
maraudon instance zone
fach seriser bass
king crimson current lineup