- Self-healing material could plug holes in space ships
- Developed by a team from the University of Michigan and NASA, the material is made up of thiol-ene-trialkylborane liquid resin, sandwiched between two polymer panels.
- Freaky 'Terminator'-Style Material May Lead To Safer Space Travel
- The liquid -- a resin known by the tongue-twisting name "thiol-ene trialkylborane" -- hardens instantly when exposed to oxygen. This isn't the first "self-healing" plastic, New Scientist reported.
- Self-healing material could patch up damaged spacecraft in under a second
- This new material is composed of a type of liquid resin called thiol-ene-trialkylborane. It's sandwiched between two polymer panels to form an airtight seal. The resin remains liquid as long as that seal remains unbroken.
- Etats-Unis : des chimistes développent un matériau capable de se reboucher tout seul
- Les chercheurs ont plus précisément jeté leur dévolu sur le trialkylborane. "Au contact de notre atmosphère, ce matériau passe en quelques secondes de l'état liquide à l'état solide", explique l'un des chercheurs, Scott Zavada.
Trialkylborane is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Trialkylborane books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesoneness commitment
dream dictionary birds nest
antipater the idumaean references
kylie minogue childhood and beginning