A selection of articles related to trickster archetype.
Original articles from our library related to the Trickster Archetype. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Trickster Archetype.
- Christ's Role, As He Might Have Meant It: a Discussion
- It seems that organized religion has assumed the role of Christ in the dispensation of Truth, be it relating to the church itself or in the very Word of God. The Pope, when speaking in his official capacity, is considered to be the mouthpiece of God."...
Religions >> Christianity
- Archetypal Astrology
- Jungian Psychology | Archetypal Astrology | The Myths The Horoscope What is below is like what is above. And what is above is like what is below, so that the miracle of the One may be accomplished. -Tabula Smaragdina This is not an explanation of all the...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- Astrological Emphasis: Pisces, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Pisces: February, 21st - March, 20th. This article applies to Pisceans during 2001. General Pisces is the twelfth sign of the Zodiac, astrologically dominated by Jupiter and Neptune, exalted by the Moon and with Mercury in exile....
Astrology >> Pisces
- Astrological Emphasis: Aries, 2001
- General | Love | Work | Health Pisces: March, 21st- April, 20th. This article applies to Arians during 2001. General Aries is the first sign of the zodiac; it is a sign of fire, and according to the archetype represents a seed, which is starting to sprout....
Astrology >> Ares
- The Legend of the Dreamcatcher
- Long ago when the world was young, an old Lakota spiritual leader was on a high mountain and had a vision. In his vision, Iktomi, the great trickster and teacher of wisdom, appeared in the form of a spider. Iktomi spoke to him in a sacred language. As he...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- History of Magick
- I. Early Magick One tradition holds that Witchcraft began more than 35 thousand years ago, when the last great sheets ice began their journey across Europe. Legend holds that small groups of hunters followed the free-running game and bison across the tundra....
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Trickster Archetype is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Trickster Archetype books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Humour Theories and the Archetype of the Trickster in Folklore
- archetype of the trickster in folklore may help us describe some common and different parts of the universal phenomenon of humour and the specific ethno-.
- Awakening the Trickster - IIQI
- May 5, 2005 Almost all mythologies in the world have trickster characters (Radin, 1956), ... archetype in the hope of awakening ideas for resisting attempts to ...
- The Trickster: myth and magic in great ads - QRi consulting
- god of movement. Not surprisingly,. Hermes is the uncrowned prince of modern advertising.
- Archetypes - De Anza College
- The concept of the archetype relies on the work of three men Carol Jung, Joseph ..... Behind the trickster's laughter and jokes is wisdom of the world (Indick).
- The Old Testament Use of an Archetype: The Trickster
- The trickster archetype is particularly prominent in primitive cultures. ... For the trickster and trickery, see “Deception,” “Trickster,” in Dictionary of Biblical Imagery .
Suggested News Resources
- Classical: Allentown Symphony, dancers present 'Petrushka'
- Its title character is a descendant of the trickster clown archetype — playful, quarrelsome, mercurial, naughty, and in the end, indestructible.
- Is the World Ready for an African Superhero?
- Wale is also getting noticed in the United States, where superheroes tend to adhere to the comfortable, white, Anglo-Saxon, middle-class, hetero-male archetypes. Comic .... Instead, there are tricksters, witches, ancestors and rapacious outsiders.
- Divine Tricksters
- Jung said it's from this stew of unconscious impulses that our most ancient and ubiquitous mythic archetypes emerge: Gods and monsters without boundaries who yo-yo thru genres often comical (but never tragic: if trickster dies it's only to be born again).
- Ultra-coordinated motherfuckery
- Biella Coleman, an NYU professor and leading writer on Anonymous, compares the group to the mythological archetype of the Trickster.
Suggested Web Resources
- Trickster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Archetype. Further information: List of fictional tricksters. The Trickster or Clown is an example of a Jungian archetype.
- Trickster - Crystalinks
- The Trickster is an example of a Jungian Archetype. The Fool survives in modern playing cards as the Joker. In modern literature the trickster survivors as a ...
- Tricksters. Tricksters are archetypal, almost always male, characters who appear in the myths of many different cultures. As their name suggests, tricksters love to ...
- The Trickster - TV Tropes
- In modern literature, the Trickster survives as a character archetype, ranging from the self-aware and purposeful, through the merely impulsive and mischievous, ...
- Trickster - uhcl.edu
- The trickster is a recurrent figure or archetype in world mythologies, folklore, and literature. As a literary concept, the Trickster was a popular in late 20th-century ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.