Troy Excavation Campaigns
A selection of articles related to troy excavation campaigns.
Original articles from our library related to the Troy Excavation Campaigns. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Troy Excavation Campaigns.
- People of the Book: Fighting the Holy War
- At the heart of most of the world's great religions, there is a sacred text. This is usually a compilation of the words of the enlightened founder of the path or the interpretations of the life and teachings of this founder. Within this text is contained the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Survivalists' Guide for the New Millennium: Chapter 2
- WORKING TO LIVE RATHER THAN LIVING TO WORK Before the dawn of recorded history, a major period of transition occurred. Nomadic hunter-gatherer clans transformed themselves into larger communities who farmed the land. This they did by planting their own...
Philosophy >> Survivalists Guide for the New Millennium
- A History Of Dreaming - From Ancient Egypt To Modern Day
- Dreams have been an important part of the human experince since time immemorial. Fragments of the earliest books come from Egypt, where dreams were considered to be the messages sent from the gods. The Egyptians divided their dreams into three categories: 1....
Parapsychology >> Dreams
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Concept of Sarasvati
- In my young age, on every occasion of the Sarasvati-Puja, I used to wonder how the goddess Sarasvati came to be associated with learning. There is no story of her birth as in case of Lakshmi and Parvati, for example. Therefore, the period of her appearing as...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Mythic Heroes of Celtic Ireland
- The Celtic mythology of Ireland is best summarized as consisting of four broad cycles. This month's article deals with mythic Celtic mortals, figures who populate the stories in the second and third cycles below. Four Cycles of Irish Mythology Foundation...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
- Suggested "Field Trips" for Runic Study
- I began this article after discussing with my colleagues just what the Runes mean and how one goes about studying them. I also remembered that my Rune teacher, Thorr Sheil, told me that he and HIS teacher went to a dairy farm while they were studying the Rune...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Troy Excavation Campaigns is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Troy Excavation Campaigns books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Heinrich Schliemann at Troy and the so-called 'Treasure of Priam
- obtained a new 'firman' to open the excavation in Troy.
- Troy in clearer perspective
- “Hertel participated in the Troy excavation from I989 to I99] and visited the site ...
- James P. Holoka Joachim Latacz, Troy and Homer: Towards a
- Part I, “Troy,” addresses the issue of historicity on the basis of archaeological and gist Manfred Korfmann led annual excavation campaigns at Hisarlik.
- Troy and Homer - Princeton University
- excavations at Troy since 1988 have changed the equation. Korfmann .
Suggested Web Resources
- Troy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- With the rise of modern critical history, Troy and the Trojan War were consigned to the realms of legend.
- Trojan War Bibliography
- The World of Troy: Homer, Schliemann, and the Treasure of Priam.
- Excavations at Troy
- Schliemann's Troy excavations – a Chronology.
- Archaeology Myth: Excavating Troy - Archaeology Expert
- Aug 31, 2010 The First Excavation Campaigns. Critical historians have consigned Troy and the Trojan War to the realms of legend.
- 1997 EXCAVATION CAMPAIGN - THE TROY GUIDE
- May 27, 2007 A short report on the 1997 excavation campaign by the Turkish government and on the construction of a museum near the entrance to Troy.