- $9 million for Tsimshian Roundtable to build industry workforce
- The organization came together two years ago to make sure Tsimshian people benefit from proposed LNG projects in the area by making sure a workforce is prepared for when the industry does decide to develop in the province. Gitxaala Chief Clifford White ...
- Mayor Brain brings Tsimshian Access message to Minister Garneau
- Brain also spoke with the Minister of Transport Marc Garneau for the second time during his trip, and again discussed the Tsimshian Access Project – a vital transportation component to the City's Hays 2.
- Tsimshian Chiefs welcome CEAA report
- Tsimshian Chiefs representing Metlakatla, Gitxaala, Kitselas, and Kitsumkalum First Nations have welcomed the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency's (CEAA) recent conclusion that the Pacific NorthWest LNG Project will not lead to significant ...
- Metlakatla First Nation signs two pipeline benefits agreements with BC
- Metlakatla members will also benefit from funding for a new socio-economic agreement as a member of the Tsimshian Roundtable, says the Province. The Roundtable is made up of representatives of the Tsimshian Alliance and six LNG project proponents ...
- The True Tongue of the Tsimshian Tribe
- The language of the Tsimshian tribe of the Pacific Northwest is called Sm'algyax (alternatively spelled Shm'algyack), which directly translates to, “real or true tongue.
Tsimshian is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Tsimshian books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.