- Aruni or Uddalaka or Uddalaka Aruni (fl. c. 7th century BCE) was a philosopher of Vedic India, whose teachings are recorded in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad ...
- Swadeshi Indology and the Destruction of Sanskrit
- A similar episode with roles reversed happens with Uddalaka and Svetaketu being desirous to learn Panchagni Vidya from King Pravahana Jaibili. While Svetaketu gives up, the great Uddalaka had to serve under the king as a disciple for a year before the ...
- UDDALAKA and SHVETAKETU
- The relationship between father and son is something sacred, deep rooted, and leaves a powerful influence on the son even after the father is long gone. The conversation between Uddalaka, and Shvetketu, as narrated in the Chhandogya Upanishad, is an ...
- Life and Death Cycle Part of Nothingness
- The following is a story from the Upanishads: Uddalaka, a great sage, had a son named Svetaketu. At 24, after years of studying in his guru's hermitage, Svetaketu returned home. Uddalaka sensed his son's false pride and wanted to correct him.
- Spirituality For Sale
- When Gotama, the historical Buddha, set off on his quest for enlightenment, one of his first stops was in Vaishali.
Uddalaka is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Uddalaka books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchesmasjid al-nabawi
stamp act 1765 later effects
bob barker the family game
jacobitism the cornbury plot