A selection of articles related to uilleann.
Original articles from our library related to the Uilleann. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Uilleann.
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Uilleann is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Uilleann books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Uilleann Pipe Reedmaker's Guidance Manual
- A member of Na Píobairí Uilleann from the very beginning, Kevin edition of the Uilleann Pipe Reedmaker's Manual available to pipers all over the world.
- EpipE: Exploration of the Uilleann Pipes as a Potential Controller for
- Uilleann Pipes, a 7-note polyphonic reeded woodwind.
- 39 Before such research, it was widely thought that the uilleann
- The demise of the píob mór and the ascendance of the uilleann pipes were, however, closely related, according to L. E.
- Vibrational Modes of an Uilleann Pipe Reed
- The uilleann pipes are the national bagpipe of Ireland. The pipes, as reason uilleann pipe reeds are extremely difficult to make and maintain.
- 1.04 Rolling metal ferrules and tubes for Uilleann pipes.
- 1.04 Rolling metal ferrules and tubes for Uilleann pipes. Geoff Wooff.
Suggested News Resources
- Hurling team will usher in Irish fest
- On O'More's campus on Saturday, workshops will focus on musical instruments such as the button accordion, fiddle, uilleann pipes and flute, along with performances and sean nós singing and dancing.
- Mayo piper calls the tunes
- A collaboration with fellow musicians uilleann piper Mick O'Brien and fiddle player Aoife Ní Bhriain draws on the wealth of music contained in the Goodman Manuscripts, a treasure trove of Munster melodies collected in the 1880s by James Goodman.
- Shaw's shed and other stories on writers
- Or what about Seán O'Casey, well known for writing The Shadow of a Gunman and The Plough and the Stars , but less well known for his talent as an uilleann pipe player and founder of the St Laurence O'Toole Pipe Band?
- Smithsburg teen embraces heritage with bagpipes
- The number of drones — cylindrical tubes with reeds inside — varies with the area of origin of the bagpipes, as does the manner in which they're played.
Suggested Web Resources
- Uilleann pipes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The uilleann pipes are the characteristic national bagpipe of Ireland.
- Uilleann Pipes Obsession
- Uilleann Pipe news, photos, links, streaming audio and the Southern California Pipers' Club.
- seamus ennis, god of uilleann pipes - YouTube
- Sep 4, 2006 seamus seen here demonstrating his genius ability to play the most difficult uilleann pipes. worlds most famous piper.
- Seth Gallagher Workshop | Irish Uilleann Bagpipes
- Seth Gallagher Workshop: maker of Irish, or Uilleann, Bagpipes.
- Chiff and Fipple Forums • View forum - Uilleann Pipe forum
- THE GREAT UILLEANN YOU-TUBE THREAD. [ Go to page: 1 ... 135, 136, 137 ].
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
berimbau sound of the berimbau