A selection of articles related to uma goddess.
Original articles from our library related to the Uma Goddess. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Uma Goddess.
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Goddess
- Although often depicted as a woman, she is none, and she is all of them. "I am every woman!" And every woman is the Goddess. She is the mystery of the life-giving and life-taking rhythm of nature, the great void and well of endless possibilities....
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- Aphrodite: Goddess of Love and Beauty
- The goddess of beauty and love was formed out of the foam that was created when Uranus’s castrated genitals were thrown out of the sea of Paphos near Cyprus by the Titan Cronus.
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Uma Goddess is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Uma Goddess books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A FEAST OF YOGA : CLASS DESCRIPTIONS SANTOSA SUMMER
- Devi puja – Uma: Goddess worship through sound and gesture. Words to the mantras are there for you. Simple melodies and heart warming meditations.
- Uma Maheswara Stotram
- Uma Maheswara Stotram. Composed By Salutations to Lord Shiva and Goddess Shivaa,. Who are always in fresh stage of And to that Goddess Parvathy.
- Jogadhya Uma - elsweb.org
- Uma traditionally is associated with beauty, light, and wisdom.
- The Sensuous and the Sacred: Chola Bronzes from South India
- Great Goddess Uma. 11. •.
- AWAKEN THE SLUMBERING GODDESS
- As the goddess of fortune, she is Sri and as the goddess of beauty she is Uma. Beauty (Uma) and Fortune (Sri) are the two wives of. Vishnu.
Suggested News Resources
- Blast Log: Zelda Skyward Sword: Parte 4 – Das profundezas do lago
- Então desço na Bird statue que se localiza bem em frente a Skyview Temple.
Suggested Web Resources
- Uma - Lady of the Mountains - The Goddess - The White Goddess
- Uma - Lady of the Mountains is an ancient Mountain-goddess, who shows us how to balance our many aspects.
- Parvati - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Kena Upanishad (3.12) contains a goddess called Uma-Haimavati. She appears as the shakti, or essential power, of the Supreme Brahman.
- Uma, Indian Great Goddess
- Uma, Hindu Goddess of Self-sacrifice and Love, from the Goddess Oracle Deck by Thalia Took.
- Uma (goddess) - definition of Uma (goddess) by the Free Online
- Shiva's wife and the benevolent manifestation of the mother goddess Devi.