A selection of articles related to uma goddess.
Original articles from our library related to the Uma Goddess. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Uma Goddess.
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Goddess
- Although often depicted as a woman, she is none, and she is all of them. "I am every woman!" And every woman is the Goddess. She is the mystery of the life-giving and life-taking rhythm of nature, the great void and well of endless possibilities....
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Aphrodite: Goddess of Love and Beauty
- The goddess of beauty and love was formed out of the foam that was created when Uranus’s castrated genitals were thrown out of the sea of Paphos near Cyprus by the Titan Cronus.
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Uma Goddess is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Uma Goddess books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Devotees make a beeline for Siva temples
- Priests and Vedic pandits conducted the rituals in a grand manner at Srisaila Devasthanam, the abode of Sri Mallikarjuna Swamy and goddess Bhramaramba Devi in Kurnool district which is one of the 'Jyotirlinga Kshetrams'.
- Tricity gears up to celebrate Maha Shivratri
- Uma Bansal, 48, a resident of Sector 18 says, "I fast every year on Shivratri and go to the temple. There is no point in keeping a fast and not going to the temple. For the puja, I have bought all the ingredients that are offered to Lord Shiva.
- Is India Current's Graphic Designer A Hindu? A Wedding in Vietnam
- The temple Po Nagar is named for a goddess of local origin who is said to have created the earth, eaglewood, and rice. The temple was built during the Hindu period of Champa, and thus the image of the goddess takes the form of Uma, wife of Siva. (Image ...
Uma Goddess Topics
Related searchestree ferns pterophyta
borg origin of the borg
california famous culver city natives
hindu ritual worship