A selection of articles related to undergarment history.
Original articles from our library related to the Undergarment History. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Undergarment History.
- Indian History Rewritten
- The Indian civilisation, considered to be the product of clash and subsequent inter mixture of the white-skinned civilised invaders and the dark savages native to India, has been rightly questioned in recent years, and the mischievously fabricated history of...
History & Anthropology >> Indic / Vedic
- The Truth Behind the History of the Necronomicon
- I don't think there are many people out there who haven't heard of the Necronomicon and the dreadful things connected with it. We've all heard the theories about how it is a Satanist tool; actual copies of the book are bound in human skin and how you risk...
Deities & Heros >> Chthulu
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part I: Early Dynastic Period
- I - Predynastic - Early Dynastic Period. The temples were in essence the *Home of the God* and thus a place where only Pharaoh as the Son of God and those he appointed as his deputies, could meet with the god. This goes all the way back to Archaic and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: Middle Kingdom
- First Intermediate - Middle Kingdom (ca 2181 -1786 bc.) The powers that built the solar temples of the 5th dynasty and the pyramids of the 6th dynasty weakened towards the end of the Old Kingdom, perhaps as a result of eroding economics, leaving the King less...
Religions >> Egyptian
Undergarment History is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Undergarment History books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Munsingwear, an underwear for America / Marcia G. Anderson.
- Elizabeth Ewing, Dress and Undress: A History oJ Women's. Underwear (New York: Drama Book Specialists, 1978), 88-95, 96,. 97-101.
- Suffer For Beauty
- temporary exhibit called Suffer for Beauty, wherein women's history was represented through an examination of the evolution of undergarments.
- CUFCOS502A Design and construct costume corsetry and
- Jul 21, 2011 CUFCOS502A Design and construct costume corsetry and undergarments. Modification History. Not applicable.
- Underwear, the Fashion History . New York : Drama Books ,. 1992 .
- The fashionable body: a brief history
- undergarment that tied at the waist and padded their backsides with rolls stuffed of features have been the ideal of beauty at one time or another in history.
Suggested News Resources
- Fine Vintages
- Undergarment history, which pegged the first bra as hitting the scene around 100 years ago, has been rewritten thanks to the discovery of this 600 year old linen brassiere unearthed by archeologists in an Austrian castle.
Suggested Web Resources
- Undergarment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The loincloth is the simplest form of underwear; it was probably the first undergarment worn by human beings.
- Fashion History of Undergarments, Paniers, Crinolines, Bustles
- A costume history of underwear from stays, paniers, corsets to crinolines, bustles, bras to girdles.
- Bras And Underwear : A History Of Bras, Undergarments And
- The origin and history of undergarments throughout the 18th and 19th centuries.
- history of underwear - Museum of Menstruation and Women's Health
- Women menstruated into their chemise for much of European history.
- Underwear: A Brief History | Minnesota History Center
- Home | Exhibits | Underwear: A Brief History. Underwear: A Brief History. On view May 7 to Sept.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Undergarment History Topics
isthmus of tehuantepec proposed canal
arch bridge construction sequence
korean shamanism naerim-gut
raiden mortal kombat fighting styles