- Genetics of the Unibrow Revealed
- Some people have thin arched eyebrows, while others sport a furry unibrow. Some men have a 2 o'clock shadow, while others have been working on their facial sprouts for years, to no avail.
- What's behind a unibrow?
- They evaluated the subjects for seven different hair features — curliness, color, graying, balding, unibrow, brow thickness and beard thickness — and then scanned the genome looking for single-letter changes that correlated with these traits.
- Researchers May Have Located the Grey Hair (and Unibrow!) Gene
- Did you start getting grey hair young? Join the club, friends, glad to have you aboard!
- Genes associated with grey hair and uni-brows were identified
- A new study has found a gene that contributes to hair going gray. It has also tracked down host of genes linked to unibrows.
- When Eyebrows Collide: Scientists Map the Genetics of Facial Hair
- Based on their findings, researchers believe they've pinpointed 18 genetic variations associated with shape, color, balding, beard thickness, eyebrow thickness and synophrys — the “unibrow.
Unibrow is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Unibrow books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.