A selection of articles related to universal symbolism.
Original articles from our library related to the Universal Symbolism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Universal Symbolism.
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Rose - Love, Healing, Symbolism and Alchemy
- When someone gives you red roses you know what it means: Love. Some say it means love and respect, but most of the times it means love and desire. The rose, this wondrous Lady of Flowers, is attributed to femininity. The red rose belongs with Aphrodite, the...
Earth Mysteries >> Essential Oils
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Universal Symbolism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Universal Symbolism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Bill Clinton's odious presidency: Thomas Frank on the real history of the '90s
- At the time of his actions, they recall, each of the initiatives I just mentioned were matters of almost universal assent. In the tight little group of credentialed professionals who dominated his .... NAFTA was not symbolism.
- 'Knight of Cups' runs over
- Legendary Director Terrence Malick—known for cinematic masterpieces such as “Days of Heaven,” “The Thin Red Line” and “The New World”—has often been praised for making films awash in mercurial symbolism and bold philosophical subtexts.
- Lookingglass' 'Blood Wedding' can't get by on good looks alone
- Those are good questions — and they'll likely dance in your head during the Lookingglass Theatre Company's new production of "Blood Wedding," Lorca's 1933 masterful fusion of symbolism, poetic agony and sexual repression. The director, Daniel ...
- Dr Alexander gives Cathedral science lecture
- Eminent scientist Dr Denis Alexander gave an open lecture at Norwich Cathedral on Tuesday March 8 where he shared his views on human evolution using contemporary scientific research and biblical study.