A selection of articles related to universal symbolism.
Original articles from our library related to the Universal Symbolism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Universal Symbolism.
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Rose - Love, Healing, Symbolism and Alchemy
- When someone gives you red roses you know what it means: Love. Some say it means love and respect, but most of the times it means love and desire. The rose, this wondrous Lady of Flowers, is attributed to femininity. The red rose belongs with Aphrodite, the...
Earth Mysteries >> Essential Oils
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
Universal Symbolism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Universal Symbolism books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Remarks on the universal symbolism of the number 72
- Scott: Universal symbolism of the number 72. 121 hundred and fourteen by 6.28, the double of 3.
- The Symbolism of the Ark: Universal Symbolism of - The Matheson
- Symbolism of the Ark. Universal Symbolism of the Receptacle of Divine Immanence. Y b.
- “Pinya” – A Universal Symbol of Hospitality and Welcome “Pinya
- Aug 28, 2008 “Pinya” – A Universal Symbol of Hospitality and Welcome.
- Cosmology or Universal Science (Secret Symbolism of the
- THE SECRET SYMBOLS OF THE ROSICRUCIANS. ———><><——— which are the external causes of the universal manifestations of life?
- Weaving the symbolism of light
- According to a well-known universal symbolism, “light” expresses the distinction of creation from the “darkness” of non-distinction or primeval chaos.
Suggested News Resources
- Bloomberg Says Wall Street Protesters Can Remain in Zuccotti Park
- Nathan Leigh, one of the crafters of the object, said that he and his friends on the Arts & Culture Working Group had chosen the Statue of Liberty because of its universal symbolism.
Suggested Web Resources
- Signs, Symbols, Meaning and Interpretation
- These universal symbols are often called archetypes, especially by followers of Jung.
- Coomaraswamy on Universal Symbolism
- Coomaraswamy on Universal Symbolism and Art Historians.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Universal Symbolism Topics
Related searchessalbutamol clinical use
chthonic monsters of the ancient earth
wand tarot cards
dream interpretation jealousy