A selection of articles related to unstated assumption.
Original articles from our library related to the Unstated Assumption. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Unstated Assumption.
- Festival Cycles, Christian Feasts and the Sabbats
- A Miscellany of Festivals : Christian Equivalents for the "Sabbats" There's a number of reasons why the "Wiccan" wheel of the year and the Christian Calendar don't match. The most important is all too often overlooked. The Christian...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- In Nomine Babalon: Sacred Whoredom in a Thelemic Context
- Naked and trembling, pressed against my bare body, he whispered into my hair, "can I kiss you?" Instead of answering with words, I turned my face up to him. When our lips met, it felt as if some part of him opened up around me like a cocoon. I...
Body Mysteries >> Sexuality
- Software of the Mind #1: In The Beginning There Was Thought
- In the twilight before the dawn of civilization, the connection between humanity and Nature was still strong. Hunter-gatherers seeking food and self protection in the wilds, lived the wisdom of Nature because they never left its influence. Mind and body...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
- How The Major Arcana and The Tibetan Book of The Dead can work together
- There are some striking complements to the Major Arcana of the Tarot and the Tibetan Book of the Dead. They are a nice enhancement to the meanings of these powerful cards. I claim no expertise on Buddhism but I found the resonance and compatibility to Tarot...
Religions >> Buddhism
- The Perpetual Raising: Part 3
- (Part 3 of 5) The body is an instrument through which we interact with the physical plane, as souls or conscious beings. As we refine this instrument through meditation, and ideally with pure foods and sufficient exercise, the body becomes, “a spiritual...
Mind >> World Mind
Unstated Assumption is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Unstated Assumption books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Unstated Assumptions
- A) Identify the unstated assumption(s) in each thesis below. B) Is this a good thesis? Why or why not?
- Using the Toulmin Model Stephen Toulmin ( The Uses of Argument
- warrant (also called the unstated assumption in the case of enthymemes). Let's examine Unstated assumption: [loss of study time is bad for teenagers]. 2.
- #4 – Assumptions 1 Argument Mapping 4: Identifying and Mapping
- But of course there is one important unstated assumption that must also be true for this claim to be true.
- Acknowledged, stated and unstated (hidden) assumptions. Assumptions vary in the degree to which we are aware of them and recognise them for what they are.
- TEACHING STRATEGY: LESSON INTRODUCING TOULMIN TO
- by getting students to articulate the unstated assumption behind each enthymeme. Assumption for Enthymeme 1: We should buy the car that is most economical.
Suggested News Resources
- Town Crier: Assumptions obscure poor economy's roots
- A third unstated assumption in these letters is that presidents are omnipotent.
- Our airports ain't what they used to be
- I question the unstated assumption that the crew was seeing the same data that the flight data recorder was getting. I would also like to know if the mishap aircraft was showing even basic attitude data to the crew.
- The myth of the pilotless commercial plane: Make it stop!
- I question the unstated assumption that the crew was seeing the same data that the flight data recorder was getting. I would also like to know if the mishap aircraft was showing even basic altitude data to the crew.
- Edward Glaeser on Riots
- Also questionable is Professor Glaeser's unstated assumption that without these mass arrests in New York, there would have been more serious rioting or violence. How does he know that for sure?
- Greeley's Rubber Stamp City Council
- It seems there is an unstated assumption emanating from the council that average people would have no understanding of the complexity of city planning. Political scientists evaluate countries' democracies based on participation and contestation.
Suggested Web Resources
- Developing Critical Reading Skills | Exercise 2: Identifying Unstated
- For each argument, list one unstated assumption that underlies the writer's claim. That is, what unstated idea does the writer assume to be true?
- Spotting unstated claims and assumptions
- Most arguments contain unstated assumptions. You need to identify those assumption if you are going to understand the arguments.
- Stated and unstated assumptions in an argument? - Yahoo! Answers
- here's the text.. people, just one example of stated assumption and one Ok, but need to know what your asking? Add a bit in detail please.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Unstated Assumption Topics
rajshahi modern history
the black cauldron film
1001 arabian nights