- Sanskrit literature was as good as internet for ancient India
- There are eighteen Mahapuranas (including the Bhagavata purana, Shiva purana, Brahma purana, and Padma purana), 18 Upapuranas, the two Itihasas (historical epics) – Ramayana and Mahabharata, as well as the various Sthalapuranas (local folk ...
- Religious culture in South India
- It has been changing and evolving over the centuries. Some historical stages (Vedic, Vedantic, Itihasa-Purana/Agama, and Upa-purana/sthala-purana) can be identified, with some clear disjuncture in the intervals. Through these stages, there were complex ...
- Translated version of Srimad Bhagawat released
- Inaugurating the meeting, DN Chakravartty, former president of the Guwahati Sabita Sabha, dwelt at length on the primal position of Srimad Bhagawat among the 18 Puranas and another 18 Upa-puranas. He said that Srimad Bhagawat had enriched the ...
- Tiger Woods 9 Favorite Golf Holes
- 9) Tiger Woods 9th favorite hole is the 12th Hole at Augusta National Golf Course called "Golden Bell", a par 3, 155 yards. According to Augusta National the hole is a bear to play because of the swirling winds.
- Can we accept "300 Ramayanas"?
- Bangalore: Is it blasphemous to have many versions of Ramayana? Should there be only one reading of the Ramayana? Is it appropriate to teach a sensitive topic like "300 Ramayanas" to our university students?
Upapuranas is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Upapuranas books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesearl history
the oval portrait
ian brady the mind of ian brady
of human bondage plot summary