- Last rites of Chief Prelate of the Asgiriya Chapter to be held with...
- He received the Upasampada in 1941. The Mahanayake Thero is a scholar and has got through the Degree of Rajakeeya Panditha in 1947, the degree of Saddarma Thripitika and the degree of Majjima Banaka in 1950. The Mahanayake Thero was the ...
- Home » » National Flag of Sri Lanka
- When the Udarata kingdom went under the British rulers in 1815, the flag of the Sinhala king, Sri Wickrema Rajasinha was ceremonially replaced by the flag of the British king, George III. The Udarata flag was then sent to London.
- Vihargam,Devalagam and Siyam Nikaya in Udarata Kingdom
- Udarata was very concerned, all along, about the lack of proper upsampada in Udarata. Wimaladharmasuriya I (1591-1604) got down monks from Siam (Thailand) to restore the upasampada. He housed them at Malwatte vihara.
- The Inseparable Relationship between Buddhism and the Sinhala Nation and the
- According to Mahavamsa (the Great lineage of the Sinhala nation) the Sinhala Nation was founded by Vijaya, a north Indian Aryan Prince in 543 BC. Since then, it had been one Kingdom and one Nation for 2358 years with an unbroken lineal succession of ...
- Government presents new Bill in Parliament
- The Bill has defined the term Bikkhu as a Venerable Bikkhu whether ordained Upasampada or Samanera in accordance with the accepted Theravadha traditions.
Upasampada is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Upasampada books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Related searchesoceanography dictionary a-z
antillean z trap
thylacine diet and habitat