Urban Legend Origins
A selection of articles related to urban legend origins.
Original articles from our library related to the Urban Legend Origins. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Urban Legend Origins.
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Legend of the Dreamcatcher
- Long ago when the world was young, an old Lakota spiritual leader was on a high mountain and had a vision. In his vision, Iktomi, the great trickster and teacher of wisdom, appeared in the form of a spider. Iktomi spoke to him in a sacred language. As he...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Urban Legend Origins is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Urban Legend Origins books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- It's Pi Day, which sparked one of the greatest Alabama urban legends of all time
- A New Mexican physicist, Mark Boslough, crafted the “press release,” which was posted to the newsgroup talk.origins and printed in the New Mexicans for Science and Reason newsletter. Talk.
- Long Before the VIP Section, Dance Music in Miami Was for the Oppressed
- Everyone was equal on the dance floor." Miami wasn't much different.
- Why is Chicago called the “Windy City”?
- The origins of Chicago's famous nickname are not entirely clear. The most obvious explanation is that it comes from the frigid breezes that blow off Lake Michigan and sweep through ...
- The story of cities, part 1: how Alexandria laid foundations for the modern world
- From these shores, the most remarkable city the ancient world had ever seen was about to rise.
- The story of 'Slender Man' — the internet's creepiest urban legend
- HBO is releasing a new documentary about Slender Man, a tall, shadowy monster that has terrified people on the internet for years. The character may be fake, but he has also inspired some tragic real-life attacks.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Urban Legend Origins Topics
Related searchesnitrogen balance
sibylla of jerusalem death
wall street buildings
abra province history