Urban Legend Origins
A selection of articles related to urban legend origins.
Original articles from our library related to the Urban Legend Origins. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Urban Legend Origins.
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- The Legend of the Dreamcatcher
- Long ago when the world was young, an old Lakota spiritual leader was on a high mountain and had a vision. In his vision, Iktomi, the great trickster and teacher of wisdom, appeared in the form of a spider. Iktomi spoke to him in a sacred language. As he...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Urban Legend Origins is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Urban Legend Origins books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Barbara Berglund
- Cultural Frontiers: Stories of Nation & Empire In the Urban West, manuscript in progress, under contract with. University of Nevada Press.
- Article: Do Urban Legends Affect Your Print Decisions? (PDF, 497 KB)
- The book corrects each of these urban legends — describing their origins, laying out the actual facts and offering tips for optimizing results and avoid- ing pitfalls.
- URBAN MYTHS AND LEGENDS OF KOREA
- will pick one urban legend and write it out using a story frame summary.
Suggested Web Resources
- Urban legend - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The term “urban legend,” as used by folklorists, has appeared in print since at least 1968.
- Friday the 13th - Origins, History, and - Urban Legends - About.com
- As folklorists, we may not be able to cure paraskevidekatriaphobia (fear of Friday the 13th), but we can at least lend its sufferers a few good excuses.
- Urban Legends: How They Start and Why They Persist | LiveScience
- Aug 27, 2006 VOTE: We've collected some of the most persistent false tales around, now you can decide which is the most fantastic.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Urban Legend Origins Topics
Related searchesnavi mumbai rainfall
iu mien language alphabet
list of radars military
different kinds of dreams