A selection of articles related to urdu poetry.
Original articles from our library related to the Urdu Poetry. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Urdu Poetry.
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- The Muses
- Nine Goddesses, the daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne, charged with overseeing intellectual and artistic endeavor: Erato, Euterpe, Kalliope, Klio, Melpomene, Polyhymnia, Terpsichore, Thalia, and Urania. The realms of the muses: Erato Love Poetry Euterpe Lyric...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Arcane Ruminations
- Special Plates Notice how each particle moves. Notice how everyone has just arrived here from a journey. Notice how each wants a different food. Notice how the stars vanish as the sun comes up, and how all streams stream toward the ocean. Look at the chefs...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- King Arthur and the Cymry Heroes
- The Celtic Britons called themselves the Cymry, which meant "fellow countrymen" in their Celtic tongue. Once Roman rule ended in Britain in about 410 A.D., a power vacuum developed, leading to the onslaught of Germanic invasions by Angles and Saxons,...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Urdu Poetry is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Urdu Poetry books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Modernity in Urdu Poetry and the Enigma of Miraji (A Review Article)
- Urdu poetry in the 1920s and 1930s was Iqbal's (1878–1938) domain.
- Selections From Modern Urdu Poetry
- Selections From Modern Urdu Poetry munir niazi.
- Durre Samin - Collection of Urdu Poetry
- In. I i. Dun'-e-Sameen.
- Urdu the place that epic poetry occupies in western lands. Apart from them Urdu Yet with all that, there is nothing so admirable" in Urdu poetry as the marsiya.
Suggested News Resources
- Eid cards: A dwindling tradition
- From pictures of Bollywood celebrities to funny Urdu poetry, Eid cards nowadays incorporate a sense of fun and silliness to attract consumers to boost sales.
- Death of the liberal
- And one thought it was difficult to de-hyphenate Urdu poetry and intoxication. In the late 1970s, students of Jadavpur University in Calcutta composed an underground', pornographic cross between the Ramayana and the Mahabharata called Mahayan.
- Bridging the arts
- Add to this James Ferreira's costumes, puffs of smoke, choreography that weaves in jazz with classical Indian and even into the gestures of spoken acts, and Nida Fazli's Urdu poetry, a contrast to prosaic Hinglish dialogue.
- Patriotism voiced through songs
- It was penned down originally for children in the ghazal style of Urdu poetry by poet M uhammad Iqbal, also known as Allama Iqbal. The poem was published in the weekly journal Ittehad on 16 August 1904.
Suggested Web Resources
- Urdu Poetry Archive - Ghazals, nazms, Urdu poetry related articles
- Dec 31, 2005 Urdu poetry archive with ghazals, nazms, articles, mailing lists and links to related websites.
- UrduPoint.com, Urdu Poetry of famous Urdu Poets from Pakistan
- The biggest Urdu poetry web site of the world. Thousands of Urdu poems/ ghazals. No need to download or install any font.
- Urdu poetry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Urdu poetry (Urdu: اردو شاعری Urdu Shayari) is a rich tradition of poetry and has many different types and forms.
- Urdu Poetry at UrduLIfe.com | Poetry Cards! [اردو شاعری پڑھیے اور
- Urdu Poetry. Read urdu poetry and send it away as poetry card.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Urdu Poetry Topics
Related searchesrajput history
freedom fighter history
tetrapod devonian tetrapods
john henry balch
chinese art influence of buddhism