- Pakistani church completes Urdu translation of catechism
- A Vatican-approved Urdu translation of the Catechism of the Catholic Church has been published in Pakistan. "We are so happy the work has been completed for this Holy Year of Mercy," Father Robert McCulloch, procurator-general of the Society of St.
- No teacher for Urdu PTC course
- The only PTC college in the state that offers primary teacher's certificate for Urdu students has no teacher who can teach in the language.
- Balraj Bakshi awarded by Bihar Urdu Academy
- Pertinent to add here that Balraj Bakshi is the first ever recipient of the Bihar Urdu Academy award in this category, from the State of Jammu and Kashmir. He also happens to be the only recipient of Rs 2.
- Rethinking Urdu's hegemony
- The status of Urdu became a marker for Muslim identity in the pre-partition Indian subcontinent, and helped legitimise the Two-Nation Theory, based on which Pakistan was created.
- Is Pakistan's problem Urdu?
- For Pakistan's founders, Urdu was to be the glue cementing together the new country. The pre-partition Muslim League rejected suggestions that English, Hindi, or Hindustani be the official language of undivided India.
- Urdu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Urdu is historically associated with the Muslims of the region of Hindustan. ... Urdu developed under the influence of the Persian and Arabic languages, both of ...
- Urdu alphabet, pronunciation and language - Omniglot
- Urdu (اردو). Urdu is an Indo-Aryan language with about 104 million speakers, including those who speak it as a second language. It is the national language of ...
- BBC - Languages - A Guide to Urdu - 10 facts, key phrases and the
- Learn key phrases in Urdu, listen to Urdu audio and find out about the alphabet.
- BBC - Languages - Urdu - A Guide to Urdu - 10 facts about the Urdu
- Discover surprising and revealing facts about Urdu, including Urdu words used in the English language and Urdu jokes and quotes.
- Urdu | Ethnologue
- Listing of language information for Urdu. ... Dakhini dialect of Urdu [urd] in India has fewer Persian and Arabic loans than Urdu.
Urdu is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Urdu books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.