A selection of articles related to utilitarianism.
Original articles from our library related to the Utilitarianism. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Utilitarianism.
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
Utilitarianism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Utilitarianism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Always a critic
- I'm very concerned by the spirit of utilitarianism that's taking over education. These are very narrow ideas about outcomes, and that fills me with horror.
- Is Doctor Who secretly evil?
- Utilitarianism is a consequentialist philosophy, which argues that it's not the action itself, but the effect of an action that counts. Put another way: the end justifies the means.
- Rowland '17: Economics and Enlightenment
- In answering the question now as a college junior, my argument turns my elementary-level utilitarianism upside-down. My commitment to learning something that's immensely practical for a purpose other than its pragmatic application serves to prove my point.
- Oxford Uehiro Prize in Practical Ethics: “What justifies parents' influence on
- Mill, John Stuart (2015), On Liberty, Utilitarianism, and Other Essays, OUP, Oxford. Rosemont, Henry (1988), 'Why Take Rights Seriously? A Confucian Critique', in Rouner, Leroy S.
- A 10% Rise In The Minimum Wage Cuts Teen Employment By 3% To 6%
- Myself, I'm not really happy with the idea that some sector of the labour force should suffer unemployment so that others will earn more money.