A selection of articles related to vain repetitions.
Original articles from our library related to the Vain Repetitions. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vain Repetitions.
- King James Bible: I Corinthians, Chapter 15
- Chapter 15 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 15:...
New Testament >> I Corinthians
- King James Bible: Galatians, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of...
New Testament >> Galatians
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 6
- Chapter 6 6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. 6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Galatians, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law,...
New Testament >> Galatians
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 26
- Chapter 26 26:1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God. 26:2 Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- King James Bible: Deuteronomy, Chapter 5
- Chapter 5 5:1 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them. 5:2 The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb. 5:3 The LORD...
Old Testament >> Deuteronomy
- King James Bible: Philippians, Chapter 2
- Chapter 2 2:1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 2:3 Let...
New Testament >> Philippians
Vain Repetitions is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vain Repetitions books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Don't Always Pray the Same - The Center for Biblical Spirituality
- Jesus said that to pray this way is to pray in vain, for in the. Sermon on the Mount He warned, "But when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do.
- The Rosary
- The matter then is not simply repetition, but vain repetition.
- 7-11 Prayer I receive lot of questions on how to pray effectively. This
- On the one hand don't use vain repetitions. Matthew 6:7,8 says,. "And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do.
- The Seven “P's” of Answered Prayer
- run the risk of vain repetitions. The Thibetan is not the only worshipper who turns a 'prayer- wheel,' or reels prayer off by the yard.
- Matthew 6:7-10 “The Model Prayer: Part I” Intro. Can you think of a
- Jul 7, 2011 do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they Even so, the mere reciting of memorized prayers can be vain repetition.
Suggested News Resources
- Vugt: Prayer
- That is how the Jews of the Old Testament learned to pray and in the New Testament, people continued to pray like that, when Jesus of Nazareth told them, “If you want to pray, enter into your inner self and don't use a lot of vain repetitions.
- 'The Response' Prayer Rally Bigger Than Expected
- Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Suggested Web Resources
- Vain Repetitions Refuted
- Vain Repetitions Refuted. "But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
- Vain repetition « Thoughts From A Ragamuffin
- Apr 1, 2009 The Greek word translated as “vain repetitions” or “empty phrases” literally means “to stammer.
Vain Repetitions Topics
Related searcheswest kirby
demographics of singapore population
matrix stiffness method
culture of ancient rome religion