A selection of articles related to vaisakhi celebrations.
Original articles from our library related to the Vaisakhi Celebrations. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vaisakhi Celebrations.
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- The Skeptical Witch
- The Choir finished the last notes of the worship service. I sit down in unison with 3000 other people preparing to hear the word of the Lord from Apostle Benjamin. The worship service does not touch me. The words of the Apostle are empty for me. My mind is in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Views of Deity
- Robin and I leaned against the rock. The moon shone full on the rippling waters of the lake behind us, and the night was redolent with the drums and songs of our people. What a night! As the night enfolded us, we quietly discussed the ritual we had just come...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- Feasts of the Times
- "There are rituals of the elements and feasts of the times." - AL II,36 The Tropical Zodiac, while not shifting with the precession of the Earth like the Sidereal Zodiac, has the charming...
Magick >> Thelema
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
Vaisakhi Celebrations is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vaisakhi Celebrations books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Deadline to Submit Paperwork for Pakistan Visa for Vaisakhi Celebrations is
- SGPC is facilitating visas for Sikh pilgrims who are interested in celebrating Vaisakhi at Gurdwara Sri Panja Sahib in Pakistan.
- Tanzania: Pandya Keen On Title Defence
- Pandya, who will be driving the Puma-sponsored Mitsubishi Evolution 9, is among the 21 drivers who have so far confirmed participation for the 2016 Kilimanjaro Vaisakhi Rally. The Vaisakhi Rally, which will take place in mid-March, ...
- David and Samantha Cameron join Gravesend's Vaisakhi celebrations
- David and Samantha Cameron joined thousands of people celebrating the Sikh festival of Vaisakhi in Kent. The prime minister and his wife attended the Guru Nanak Darbar Gurdwara in Gravesend on Saturday. He took part in the nagar kirtan (procession) ...
- Vaisakhi celebrations bring colour to the streets of Reading
- Thousands of members of the Sikh communities from Reading and Wokingham stepped out on Sunday, May 3, to celebrate Vaisakhi. The annual Nagar Kirtan is a procession bringing the message of God to the doorsteps of the community. In Reading the ...
- Vaisakhi 2015: When and where are the Birmingham celebrations?
- At Vaisakhi, Sikhs generally attend their gurdwara (place of worship) for a service with flowers and offerings, and there are often processions through the streets.