A selection of articles related to vaishyas.
Original articles from our library related to the Vaishyas. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vaishyas.
- Hinduism: An Overview
- Hinduism is believed to be the oldest organized religion in the world. It ranks as the third largest religion in the world after Christianity and Islam.
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Vaishyas is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vaishyas books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Indian Caste System - Isn't it unfair?
- So in every community there were Vaishyas who took care of this– they stored commodities and gave it out when it was needed. These were people who took responsibility for their family and to some extent, the smaller community around them. Kshatriyas ...
- What is India's caste system?
- At the top of the hierarchy were the Brahmins who were mainly teachers and intellectuals and are believed to have come from Brahma's head. Then came the Kshatriyas, or the warriors and rulers, supposedly from his arms.
- RJD-JD(U) to hold vaishyas' meet today
- Patna: RJD-JD(U) will hold a convention of vaishyas (trading community), hitherto seen close to the BJP, at the SK Memorial here on Wednesday. This is seen as a counter move to the BJP's efforts to win over dalits and extremely backward classes (EBCs), ...
- Thousands rally against 'anti-national' activities in JNU
- Like saying all muslims are responsible for the terrorist attacks, you are saying all brahmins are responsible for the caste based prejudices at work a 70 -100 years ago, which were exercised by kshatriyas, vaishyas (everyone in power at that time) and ...
- Arya Vaishyas Warns All India Radio
- The world Arya Vaishya Mahasabha President Thanguturi Ramakrishna has warned to shut the nation's iconic media organization, All India Radio (AIR), for airing a program that showed the Arya Vaishya community in poor light. Warning that the Arya ...