A selection of articles related to vaisya caste.
Original articles from our library related to the Vaisya Caste. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Vaisya Caste.
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Hinduism: An Overview
- Hinduism is believed to be the oldest organized religion in the world. It ranks as the third largest religion in the world after Christianity and Islam.
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Of Master and Discipline
- Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Commentary Part 1 The following is a fictional account of a spiritual awakening with a factual basis. This five part series is offered to promote and encourage the practices of the World Mind Society, making the...
Mind >> World Mind
- This month's rune, Kenaz, is the sixth rune of the first aett of the Elder Futhark. Thus, we are now one-quarter of the way through our journey into the runes! The phonetic value of Kenaz is the hard "k" sound. One basic meaning of "Kenaz"...
Divination >> Rune Stones
Vaisya Caste is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Vaisya Caste books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Bokaro MLA stirs Vaishya caste cauldron
- For the state government, those using Modi as their surname are entitled to reservation benefits meant for other backward castes (OBCs). But those belonging to the same caste (vaishya) and using Barnwal as their surname come under general category and ...
- Crime and punishment
- But let us listen to Yudhishtir first. “If a low caste commits a murder, he has to be punished according to whatever is prescribed for such a crime.
- Tragedy of those 'who must not be touched': All you need to know about the
- The Varna or caste division propounded in the Rig Veda describes the society as a four-varna or caste system. The supreme varna is Brahman, the second is Kshatriya, the third is Vaishya and the last is Sudra.
- The Meaning Behind the Many Colors of India's Holi Festival
- Yellow is also associated with the third caste, of Vaisyas, or merchants. The 3,500-year-old Rig Veda book of sacred hymns refers to Lord Vishnu as tantuvardhan, or weaver, because he is said to have woven the rays of the sun into a garment for himself.
- The Indian Caste System - Isn't it unfair?
- caste This classification into four tiers of social structure can be understood in different contexts.
Suggested Web Resources
- Vaisya Facts, information, pictures | Encyclopedia.com articles about
- Within the Vaisya caste there are subcastes of bakers, sheepherders, cowherders, agriculturalists, musicians, metal workers, and as well as traders and ...
- Vaisya - Countries and Their Cultures
- Vaisya includes a large number of distinct castes of similar ranking, traditionally traders, moneylenders, or farmers. They are entitled to wear a sacred thread.
- Vaishya | Hindu social class | Britannica.com
- Oct 7, 2015 Vaishya, also spelled Vaisya , third highest in ritual status of the four varnas, or social classes, of Hindu India, traditionally described as ...
- Vaishya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Traditional duties. Hindu religious texts assigned Vaishyas to traditional roles in agriculture and cattle-rearing but over time they came to be landowners, ...
- Third in the caste system (see Varna), Vaishyas supposedly evolved from Brahma's thighs. The Vaishya's duty was to ensure the community's prosperity through ...